Sign in to follow this  
m325i

GT 86

This is quite an exciting car I reckon. The styling is meh (better than the Suby though), but the formular is nice.

Would it tempt you away from a BMW?

Visit My Website

Im confused.

Looking at the Toyota version and Subaru version. They both look the same ?

I think it is essentially the same car, but with a different front/wheels and I think differnt specs will be offered. The Toyota front looks better IMO.

Well at least it's a Subaru underneath... so it won't be like driving a Camry....

Edited by Allanw

I plan to buy one of these in a couple years time... When my income has appreciated and their price has depreciated.

This is quite an exciting car I reckon. The styling is meh (better than the Suby though), but the formular is nice.

Would it tempt you away from a BMW?

Visit My Website

Off topic slightly, this is my old AE86 tarmac rally car. Was a brilliant car.

Any new version of the same concept will be a winner.

Posted Image

Don't like the Idea that the GT 86 is not just a Toyota. Understand that it was a joint op between Subaru and Toyota. But the car is also being sold as a Scion FR-S. So there is three (maybe more) versions of the same car.

Reminds me of the Isuzu MU and Bighorn. Just a chassis/body for sale to anyone.

Dan, it's a fact of life today in the automotive world. To make anything financially viable it's all about volume, so an affordable niche sports car would never get into production unless it can be sold in a number of different guises.

The use of a common floorpan and drivetrain across a number of different models (and even makers badges on the front) has become more and more widespread over the last few years. Plus sharing of engines, gearboxes, etc across cars and makers as well.

Whilst it may detract from the idea of this car, as it is no longer just a Toyota, and hard to tell from the Scooby version, it is the basis that sells the whole idea and gets it off the drawing board which must be a good thing.

And thats why I am happy to stick with BMW.