Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Gauges

i might look at getting some oil pressure and temp gauges....any ideas of where to get em from?

Repco, i got a oil press and a water temp $30 each, make sure you get electric gauges tho alot better to deal with, who wants a line full of oil running into your car, Imagine what will happen if that line breaks! oh no oil everywhere!!

Or Woottons. Woottonsused to have some really cheap guages that looked totally sweet, (cheaper than Repco etc.). Circa $25? Not sure if they still have them or not? White face though.

Word of warning, people love to grab gauges. I have lost 2 boost guages before. Spose they were Autometer though.

that cheap? how good are they? will def be electric....really really not liking idea of running oil through car...

will be aiming to make them stealth as...although at $30 a pop why would people bother nicking em?

Edited by Gus

that cheap? how good are they? will def be electric....really really not liking idea of running oil through car...

will be aiming to make them stealth as...although at $30 a pop why would people bother nicking em?

Due to not wanting oil running through the car that's why you see them mounted infront of the windscreen on old school cars.

Yes gauges get nicked, they're a smash and grab item as opposed to a stereo taking a little longer to take. It's opportunist thieves, they see something they want, smash and it's gone. :(

Edited by *RJ*

f**k i hate theives!!

gauges are good if they serve a purpose :D.. not just cause they look kool mang

oil pressure is definitely useful

I got the little digital voltmeter from jaycar with the built in stopwatch, thats pretty cool

when you are mucking about with stereo's, tells you when its time to start the car!

just wired into the sunroof switch.

whats the point of having a volt gauge? just discovered my radar has a built in one so pretty stoked...but dont see the value?

oil pressure and temp, mainly just for information on when its ok to rev (warm up wise) and if i suddenly lose all coolant....temp gauge on dash would stay same while engine cooked itself

voltmeters are very useful, like he said stops you running your battery flat etc..

anyway gus go to www.griffiths.co.nz and browse for gauges.

tell me the part numbers of any that you like and i'll get you a quote at wholesale price.

ollie pwns my face

ollie, you got that master yet? keen to put in new car..

ah....trademe rocks

how about an AiR/fuel ratio gauge? seems sensible

defi oil press/temp

duno how much those will go for though....

A/F

A/F 2

hmm....suggestions?

Edited by Gus

ollie pwns my face

ollie, you got that master yet? keen to put in new car..

that f**kin chump was meant to call me about 2 months ago about the parts for the master i'll chase him up dude the cylinder is still sitting on my workshop bench! next to my broken compressor engine.

While we are on this topic i would like to know where to put the oil pressure sender for the respective guage. its an electronic guage but dont know where the sender screws in. can it be tapped into any wires on the VDO

While we are on this topic i would like to know where to put the oil pressure sender for the respective guage. its an electronic guage but dont know where the sender screws in. can it be tapped into any wires on the VDO

The sender for the oil pressure light on M20 engines is down the bottom of the block on the driver's side near the front. Get a brass or steel T fitting (hydraulic suppliers normally carry these) to screw in here and put both senders into it. Don't recommend throwing out the warning light sender.

The gauge needs its own dedicated sender and you can't tap into any existing wires to make it work.