Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

Oh. My. God.

I have discovered my new favourite race series.

Speakers up boys and girls.

Edited by Young Jack

Most efficient engine if you want to turn petrol into sound... Personally I cant stand the sound thats why I'm not a fan of F1, each to there own I guess

You weren't following F1 when they were V10 Jack?

Absolutely insane sound they made, never been as good since

You weren't following F1 when they were V10 Jack?

Absolutely insane sound they made, never been as good since

Been following it since 99. Schumacher til the end brother!

Was at the 2003, 04 and 2010 Gps. V10s did sound insane but the V8s of the last few years are still an absolute spectacle

started getting into it, but not enough action for me. much rather watching a bunch of bogans in low budget (in comparison to F1) falcodores. F1 sounds cool though..

I lost interest once the V10 and V8s disappeared.

To me they are 50% of the interest.

They are still running V8's for this year at least. All be it a 2.4 V8 but a V8 is a V8.

Edited by Gaz

bring back the V6 turbo's I say.

in order of sound goodness:

1). v12

2). v6 turbo

3). v10

4). v8

Ant nothing like a full grid of angry F1 v10's a full noise.

love f1, should be a good season this year, bring back Kimmi :D

will be in Melbourne in March for the start of it

love f1, should be a good season this year, bring back Kimmi :D

will be in Melbourne in March for the start of it

Me too!

Jones Stand at Turn 1 ftw. Go The Schuuuu!!!!!!

jenson button and most f1 drivers wants the v10 back :) vettel wants the v12

read somewhere that in 2013 they are going for 4 cylinder turbos for f1?? wtf is up with that?? honda gonna eat that up hahaha

jenson button and most f1 drivers wants the v10 back :) vettel wants the v12

read somewhere that in 2013 they are going for 4 cylinder turbos for f1?? wtf is up with that?? honda gonna eat that up hahaha

Honda F1 went bust ages ago bro.

And Graham hahahahahahahaha minttt

Honda F1 went bust ages ago bro.

And Graham hahahahahahahaha minttt

yeah what i was trying to say is if they did go to 4 cylinder turbo hybrids. that's just in honda's back yard.

Why Honda?

Would think of all the engine manufacturers in F1, Renault would have the upper hand TBH, they already run Renault Turbo 4's in GP3 and are already working on the next gen GP2 and F1 engines, of all manufacturers they have the most turbo experience, hell they were the first to originally go turbo!

Mercedes have a long history with forced induction and all their roads cars will be Turbo before we know it.

I think of the current crop Ferrari are going to struggle the most with Turbo technology.

Will be interesting to see anyways.

2009 and 2010 were great but last season was a bit dull, lets hope 2012 is a good one!

Edited by apex

Anyone know if it will be on Free TV this year?

Nah On Sky.

Grahams right. Renualt rule when it comes to 4 cylinder Turbos =D

Schumacher til the end brother!

... who!?!

Me too!

Jones Stand at Turn 1 ftw. Go The Schuuuu!!!!!!

We're in the Senna stand this year, were in the clark stand with a ticket mixup last year. Have u been before?

Ahhh i remember these roaring down the straight from Fangio in 02!!

Why Honda?

Would think of all the engine manufacturers in F1, Renault would have the upper hand TBH, they already run Renault Turbo 4's in GP3 and are already working on the next gen GP2 and F1 engines, of all manufacturers they have the most turbo experience, hell they were the first to originally go turbo!

Mercedes have a long history with forced induction and all their roads cars will be Turbo before we know it.

I think of the current crop Ferrari are going to struggle the most with Turbo technology.

Will be interesting to see anyways.

2009 and 2010 were great but last season was a bit dull, lets hope 2012 is a good one!

I think historically, Honda have made the better turbo engine! Comparing GP3 to F1 is like comparing apples to oranges due to regulations, differences etc, remembering when F1 were using turbos they were V6 1500cc turbos putting out up to and over 1000kw! If Turbos ever come back to F1 (More than likely will never happen again) every manufacturer is going to be on the back foot.

They are coming back next year AFAIK.

Year after, 2014. Should be interesting!

Fair point on all of them being on the back foot, of the top manufacturers I would like to think Renault would be quite good at building a Turbo engine given their history with Turbo's but as you say they will all be starting with a blank sheet. That's why F1 is awesome, its a test to show who are the best engineers in the world.

Personally I would like to see Renault clime to number one engine builder of all time, looking at the fact they only started in the late 70's they are already the best manufacturer based on time in the sports, they should be in second place behind Ferrari after this season.

Personally I would like to see Renault clime to number one engine builder of all time, looking at the fact they only started in the late 70's they are already the best manufacturer based on time in the sports, they should be in second place behind Ferrari after this season.

I would have thought that Cosworth would have been top of that tree... 155 wins from 262 races in the 18 years between 1967 and 1985!!!

And it's hard to beat BRM's V16 for pure F1 noise!

Edited by Red Dwarf

We're in the Senna stand this year, were in the clark stand with a ticket mixup last year. Have u been before?

Yea I was in the Senna stand in 2003 and Jones stand in 2010.

I would have thought that Cosworth would have been top of that tree... 155 wins from 262 races in the 18 years between 1967 and 1985!!!

And it's hard to beat BRM's V16 for pure F1 noise!

Just a wee copy from wiki:

1-Italy Ferrari - 217

2-United States Ford - 176

3-France Renault - 142

4-Germany Mercedes-Benz - 88

5-Japan Honda - 72

So would have to think that Ferrari is top of the tree ;)

Like Apex said, if turbos are to return to F1 (which Bernie E and also Ferrari are pushing hard against) i'd think that Renault are definitely the likely front running engine, due to their already large turbo programme but could never write off the other big manufacturers and their $$ getting the job done.