Sign in to follow this  
vonripsnorter

"top Gear"

So what does every one here think of Jerermy Clarkson & his co hosts on Top Gear, I think its a fantastic programe but they always seem alittle harsh on BMW,

though in saying that , last night, pretty much every thing said about the 1 series, I would have to aggree with.

Really nice cars " BUT "

I'm also not a fan of the runflat tyres that BMW seem hell bent on putting an all thier cars. I find it give a jittery ride to all of them, I have tried the new 5 with runflats & one without, & the difference to ride was amazing.

Infact, the only thing I didnt like about the new 6 was its ride!! ( due to the runflats), for a big car it too was a bit jittery & in one slow corner that was a bit uneven the car actually jitted a bit sideways in much the same way you get in some boyracers old corolla, it felt like the springs had been chopped!! not what you would expect for over $200,000

Edited by vonripsnorter

that ATOM is f**kin sooo wicked awesome

top gear is awesome......i love JC

that ATOM is f**kin sooo wicked awesome

Did you watch Mr Deeds after Top Gear? Wicked Awesome gave it away...

JC is a top bloke, I'd love to have his job. I do wonder about some of his opinions sometimes on the cool wall but in general he knows what he's talking about.

The Aerial Atom was insane. The sound of the supercharged VTEC was awesome and the way it handled... WOW.

Sundays are great for motorsport, it starts off early afternoon with Shell Helix, then there's Top Gear and straight after that is Import X on C4. I think Import X is far better than NZPC TV.

Haha JC on BMW's is always a good laugh, he loves to hate them and hates it when he loves them, M3 (CSL) for example. Same deal with american cars, any chance they get they'll rip into them

Then again if its a British car... :wub:

All good value though.

As for the run flats, seems like a waste of time for me, i haven't driven on them but doesn't sound like its worth it, how often do you get a flat tire anyway?

Like it and like JC and love the ATOM.

RJ - that's my watching programme although I slip that terrible PIMP my ride in too as I borrow ideas for customisation even though the show itself sucks.

So what does every one here think of Jerermy Clarkson & his co hosts on Top Gear, I think its a fantastic programe but they always seem alittle harsh on BMW,

though in saying that , last night, pretty much every thing said about the 1 series, I would have to aggree with.

Really nice cars " BUT "

I'm also not a fan of the runflat tyres that BMW seem hell bent on putting an all thier cars. I find it give a jittery ride to all of them, I have tried the new 5 with runflats & one without, & the difference to ride was amazing.

Infact, the only thing I didnt like about the new 6 was its ride!! ( due to the runflats), for a big car it too was a bit jittery & in one slow corner that was a bit uneven the car actually jitted a bit sideways in much the same way you get in some boyracers old corolla, it felt like the springs had been chopped!! not what you would expect for over $200,000

Bunch of lucky people at BMW, Getting to ride the coolest cars. :)

Topgears pretty cool, I have watched it once or twice. I watched it when the guy rated the E39 M5 (he hated doing so) in his top 10 of all time.

Guest Andrew

For those of you still watching year old top gear episodes ..

www.mininova.org

i've been watching/recording top gear on BBC and (the tv chanel b4 prime on UHF) since about 1994 (i think) . have just about all eppisodes on VHS tape (now starting on DVD).

great programme , has changed lots over the years .

Bunch of lucky people at BMW, Getting to ride the coolest cars. :)

Yeah, it is pretty cool

when a new car was launched, BMW would fly us up to the likes of pukekohe or Taupo where they will have booked out the race tracks & we would have a great time, then Jeff Brabham (son of Jack) would take us out for hot laps in an M3 & I mean "HOT" laps

they would also have a few other cars there to compare which we also get to drive

ie, at the 1 series launch, we also had a good go in the Alfa 147, Peugoet 206, Renault megane, Mercedes-Benz A class , VW Golf, & last but not least ,Audi A3

interesting to compare, thr A class was a joke

the Peugoet to me seems like an old car

the Renault was very "french" read, solf , ok but not for me

the Alfa was hot, but the gear box noise had me worried for a car with only 7000km on it

The Golf was a "real nice" drive & so was the Audi

( infact just like what was mentioned on top gear, by the time you spec your 1 series to a usable car, suddenly it gets a bit expensive. The car we had to test was a 120i & with its spec it was a $72000 five door hatch ( ouch ) the Golf on the other hand was $38000

for 72 big ones you would upspec the Golf to an R32 & for those that dont know , thats a 3.2 litre V6 with 4 wheel drive 6 speed manual that goes like stink !!

so as mentioned last night on tv, you are paying for that BMW badge, is it worth it??

like I said before, nice car "but"

I'm sure the same thing can be said for anyone who has wasted their money on a new E Class. Despite all the recalls plagued with the new model, they fork out at least 100 grand, and get bulid quality no better than an Accord. And they will have to spend 140k to go faster than a 2.4 Accord too! f**king posers.

Some of Clarkson's sh*t is funny, such as choosing the VW Golf over the Honda Civic because the Hondas, well, a Honda :lol: and a review of the Monaro he wrote concluded on "I was rather hoping to hate the Holden. I was hoping to conclude by saying the Aussies should stick to waving at flies." lol

but I would rather watch Tiff. More cheerful and informative, has better driving action, ohh, and doesn't have his head stuck up his arse like Clarkson.

Has anyone with a f**king clue learnt anything off Top Gear? Doubt it.

Sure, thats not the main point of the show, but still..

Yeah I'm in preferance of Tiffs driving style with Clarksons skill at mastering the understatement "and you could get bored of the doors catching on fire"

If you are in Hawkes Bay, our local channel 51 is now showing the German program Auto Motor und Sport TV right after Top Gear at 8:30pm.

Website

Edited by Paul

I'm sure the same thing can be said for anyone who has wasted their money on a new E Class. Despite all the recalls plagued with the new model, they fork out at least 100 grand, and get bulid quality no better than an Accord. And they will have to spend 140k to go faster than a 2.4 Accord too!  f**king posers.

Now Now, no need for that, BMW have some quality issues too ( every car manufacter has good & bad times if you look back over history)

BMW have had their fair share of recalls & BMW NZ have done a few "BUY BACKS" because of this!!

I,ve seen a brand new BMW with less than 200km ( yes, that not a type-o , 200km )

that had broken down for the "3rd" time & I mean broken down, not just a fault with something but a tow truck job!!!!............... , imagine how that owner was

Ive also seen brand new cars( note plural ) , not even sold yet on their second trans

Ive, seen all sorts of, shall we say "interesting" recalls over the years , most have been keeped very hush hush, & some that would shock.........uummmmmmm..........maybe that Honda isnt so bad after all...............nah..........its still an Honda :D

Edited by vonripsnorter

If you are in Hawkes Bay, our local channel 51 is now showing the German program Auto Motor und Sport TV right after Top Gear at 8:30pm.

wow, that sounds like an interesting programe, what sort of thing is on it?

The lady cracks me up

Every add, before and after she says "welcome back to auto motor and sport Tv, the motor magazine for DW TV"

I have seen crazy germans on it b4.

The lady cracks me up

Every add, before and after she says "welcome back to auto motor and sport Tv, the motor magazine for DW TV"

I have seen crazy germans on it b4.

ahh, DWTV, thats actually very good!! though I have never seen "automotor & sport"

TG is fine when there is nothing else to watch but I must say Im getting quite bored with the driving just being JC banging some exotic car around and laughing hysterically when he (regularly) loses control.

Ive been watching alot of the Fifth Gear episodes from this site Final Gear and seeing Tiff and Jason Plato chasing each other on a real track rather than an airfield is infinately better.

Just a shame its only 30 mins long as it finishes just as the program seems to get going.

Oh....and they have VBH :wub:

TG is fine when there is nothing else to watch but I must say Im getting quite bored with the driving just being JC banging some exotic car around and laughing hysterically when he (regularly) loses control.

I'm kinda with you on that one. have you seen on Cambell live on tv3 thay have thier own sort of motoing snip, its real sad, they have some JC wannabe who was also laughing & getting over excited as hes driving , it was then I thought "JC does the same, but somehow gets away with it, this other guys just a plonka"

Guest Andrew

Ive been watching alot of the Fifth Gear episodes from this site Final Gear and seeing Tiff and Jason Plato chasing each other on a real track rather than an airfield is infinately better.

Just a shame its only 30 mins long as it finishes just as the program seems to get going.

Oh....and they have VBH :wub:

next season Fifth Gear is 1 hour long -

but Finalgear.com got a cease and desist from BBC - so no more episodes from there.