Sign in to follow this  
vonripsnorter

"top Gear"

next season Fifth Gear is 1 hour long -

but Finalgear.com got a cease and desist from BBC - so no more episodes from there.

hour episodes get :thumb:

the BBC get :thumbsdown:

Mininova it is then ;)

I was wondering if the Wellington boys wanted to sort out what we had between us and share the wealth kind of.

No point in us all downloading the same episodes and is another excuse to meet up regularly for a pint to dish the DVD's out.

I've got most of the NZ Targas on video and dvd

4 or 5 years worth at least.

nothing too exotic, although I had to move all my videos off the server

as the IT boys were packing a sad

I think its manly to have 12 times as much stuff on the server than anyone else in the company

Guest Andrew

I've got every top gear episode i think -

I don't mind distributing the new episode each week on the bimmersport server. They can try sue me - last time I checked NZ wasn't part of the DMCA.

So I'll put Episode 04 for season 6 up later tonight.

hahah seen it yet? jeremy keeps getting owned with his ford gt!!

top gear pwns

I'm sure the same thing can be said for anyone who has wasted their money on a new E Class. Despite all the recalls plagued with the new model, they fork out at least 100 grand, and get bulid quality no better than an Accord. And they will have to spend 140k to go faster than a 2.4 Accord too!  f**king posers.

Now Now, no need for that, BMW have some quality issues too ( every car manufacter has good & bad times if you look back over history)

BMW have had their fair share of recalls & BMW NZ have done a few "BUY BACKS" because of this!!

I,ve seen a brand new BMW with less than 200km ( yes, that not a type-o , 200km )

that had broken down for the "3rd" time & I mean broken down, not just a fault with something but a tow truck job!!!!............... , imagine how that owner was

Ive also seen brand new cars( note plural ) , not even sold yet on their second trans

Ive, seen all sorts of, shall we say "interesting" recalls over the years , most have been keeped very hush hush, & some that would shock.........uummmmmmm..........maybe that Honda isnt so bad after all...............nah..........its still an Honda :D

Fair enough, like you said everyone makes a sh*t model, but I haven't inspected any new BMW model so I didn't/can't say anything. Unlike the E Class.

It has helped cause MB to slip from #1 position on consumer ratings to ~15 in the US. The car itself is ranked at around 35 IIRC. Do you think the W124 was like that? Don't forget the fact it looks Asian too.

As for the new M5, if ya can, get Tiffs review of it. Awesome.

Do you think the W124 was like that? Don't forget the fact it looks Asian too.

From what I have seen, the w124 is a good car, a bit boring but ok & yes , the new cars from Merc do look a bit asian

BMW & Audi have much better looking designs

Do you think the W124 was like that? Don't forget the fact it looks Asian too.

From what I have seen, the w124 is a good car, a bit boring but ok & yes , the new cars from Merc do look a bit asian

BMW & Audi have much better looking designs

Whats the deal with Ssangyong and Mercedes? Do they have some sort of parts deal or something?

Auto motor und sport voted the 2001 5 series "Die besten autos der welt - Gesamsteiger 2001" BMW used it as their sales slogan : According to the world, its the best car in the world.

I have a poster of the 5er on my wall, thats were I recognised the "Auto motor und sport" from. Useless info, but ah well.

Whats the deal with Ssangyong and Mercedes? Do they have some sort of parts deal or something?

Mercedes have sold the rights to Ssangyong to build a copy of one of their old motors for use in Ssangyong vehicles only

so for every motor Ssangyong makes , it pays royaltys to Merc!!

The same goes for Mazda, bet none of you guys knew, that for every Rotory Mazda make, they pay royaltys to.........................wait for it................Volkswagen!!

thats right, Mazda make them under licence thats owned by VW

Edited by vonripsnorter

Mercedes have sold the rights to Ssangyong to build a copy of one of their old motors for use in Ssangyong vehicles only

so for every motor Ssangyong makes , it pays royaltys to Merc!!

The same goes for Mazda, bet none of you guys knew, that for every Rotory Mazda make, they pay royaltys to.........................wait for it................Volkswagen!!

Haha true.. VW Rotarys :)

Mercedes selling rights to Ssangyong must not be a very good look for them... prestigous German company selling their engines to a Korean? manafacturer.

Ssangyong are using it as a sales tool.. the new Rexton ad says "Mercedes Benz gearbox..."

But don't they all do it that way, Holden's saying some of their cars are European built and designed, so that automatically makes them great. <_<

Haha true.. VW Rotarys :)

But don't they all do it that way, Holden's saying some of their cars are European built and designed, so that automatically makes them great. <_<

No, its still a Mazda motor, but made under licence, a licence that Mazda dont own

Almost all the car makers do this sort of thing, just like the new Mini,s thats no BMW made motor in there !!, infact, whos motor is it??? :D

I know, so lets see how clever we all are

Haha true.. VW Rotarys  :)

But don't they all do it that way, Holden's saying some of their cars are European built and designed, so that automatically makes them great.  <_<

No, its still a Mazda motor, but made under licence, a licence that Mazda dont own

Almost all the car makers do this sort of thing, just like the new Mini,s thats no BMW made motor in there !!, infact, whos motor is it??? :D

I know, so lets see how clever we all are

Pergeot - BMW joint venture?

But don't they all do it that way, Holden's saying some of their cars are European built and designed, so that automatically makes them great.  <_<

Yeah funny that, people need to realise that the Japs make the best cars in the world now :ph34r: Its not the '80s anymore, where Germany kicked everyones arses.

The engine in the Mini is from Chrysler

Edited by E30_318i

And if we go back a bit further before the SSangyong brand was used and it was Musso, it was then a Korean shell and actual Mercedes motor and running gear (not made under license, but actuall mercedes manufacturered AFAIK) and you could buy a Musso from Coutts Mercedes. (We test drove one when they came out but went for a landy instead)

Then as sales picked up, Ssangyong used its own name for the brand but continued with mercedes engines. I don't know why merc did it, but the first Musso was built in the early nineties, and so for ten years they have been using merc engines and it hasn't reflected badly on merc at all, so either its because the engines are good, or Ssangyongs are good also.

Anyway, the Koreans of the nineties are like the japs of the 70's. They were newcomers with problems, but these are fast being sorted. Some of the Korean cars are gaining ground faster than you can say Hyundai.

My guess is it won't be long and they will be on the tails of the japs.

The Euro and american manufacturers need to pull finger or they will be left behind.

Shame really.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

People need to realise that the Japs make the best cars in the world now

That is arguable, depending on which aspect you are looking at.

Reliabilty wise they are excellent.

Guest Andrew

And if we go back a bit further before the SSangyong brand was used and it was Musso, it was then a Korean shell and actual Mercedes motor and running gear (not made under license, but actuall mercedes manufacturered AFAIK) and you could buy a Musso from Coutts Mercedes. (We test drove one when they came out but went for a landy instead)

Then as sales picked up, Ssangyong used its own name for the brand but continued with mercedes engines. I don't know why merc did it, but the first Musso was built in the early nineties, and so for ten years they have been using merc engines and it hasn't reflected badly on merc at all, so either its because the engines are good, or Ssangyongs are good also.

Anyway, the Koreans of the nineties are like the japs of the 70's. They were newcomers with problems, but these are fast being sorted. Some of the Korean cars are gaining ground faster than you can say Hyundai.

The Euro and american manufacturers need to pull finger or they will be left behind.

Shame really.

The 2005 SSangYongs Musso Ute that I rock round in is awesome.

Anyway, the Koreans of the nineties are like the japs of the 70's.  They were newcomers with problems, but these are fast being sorted.  Some of the Korean cars are gaining ground faster than you can say Hyundai.

Shame really.

so true, the Koreans are just as you say & the Japs are looking over thier shoulders at them

as for the yanks, I think they lost it in the 70's & have never really made any huge ground since

Most ( but not all ) of the Kraut cars are still up there

back in the 30's / 40's / 50's / 60's / 70's & 80's it was Merc at the top , they made some fantastic cars then came the 90's & to date & they lost the plot a little

back in the 30's & 40's Audi ( Horsch ) made grand cars

BMW made shite

then in the 50's Audi made junk along with BMW , Audi went bust & Merc brought them then came the 60's & Merc sold Audi to VW who started on a regime to turn them around ( & them selfs) at about the same time BMW did the same & thru the 70's 80's 90's & to date the likes of Audi , BMW , VW have all made huge ground & make fine cars with the odd exception every now & then .

Porsche are Porsche , always great

Opel ( well we wont even go there )

Edited by vonripsnorter

Don't forget Packard and Cadillac, some very influential makers. Especially the pre '40s ones. Some f**king beautiful cars from that period.

But yeah those Mercs Hitler went round in are awesome, for that reason alone :bowdown:

Cadillac are finally on the rise after about a 40 year downfall, but they will never be what they once were, just like Mercedes :(

Cadillac are finally on the rise after about a 40 year downfall, but they will never be what they once were, just like Mercedes :(

Yeah, I'd love a 1953 cadillac coupe de ville

the original low rider !!!

& I hope Merc turn the corner soon, it would be a shame to see them slip slide away

oh & I think you would love the the car our lawyer we use drives as his 'every day' car

hes a real car nut & his every day ride is a 1940's Packard , hows that for cool :thumb:

Edited by vonripsnorter

Any body see top gear last night, that new CSL hauls ass compared to the normal M3, I myself prefer that E30 M3 they had on there mmmmmmmmmmm :wub:

It looks as though they're going back over old episodes

Andy, can you post a link to the site where you can download the newer episodes, I don't recall see the link anywhere.