Sign in to follow this  
Heino

I need your knowledge!

So it goes a little bit like this.

My HSD coilover rear springs are to soft for the height i want to ride at, so i went along and ordered a new set-up, it was a 1100lbs spring where as my hsd coilover ones are a 420lb spring, this only lead to the car being raised up 40mm higher then i wanted it to be, so i took them back and got a new set of 770lb, this dropped the car to the perfect hight but it is now too soft...... who can shed some light, should i just get a set of spring at like 950lbs or what?

Please help.

1100lb sheez stuff that for a road car

My subaru is softer than that and the rides so harsh ive contemplated getting a sports bra to hold

my slightly overweight man titties in place

anyway why dont you just get 1100lb springs that are 40mm shorter than the first ones?

1100lb sheez stuff that for a road car

My subaru is softer than that and the rides so harsh ive contemplated getting a sports bra to hold

my slightly overweight man titties in place

anyway why dont you just get 1100lb springs that are 40mm shorter than the first ones?

They need to be captive... and even now with the 770lbs it bounces around all over the place, could something be faulty... or would getting a uprated swaybar make it firmer or what....

You can have your shocks shortened and revalved to your spring rates if theyre not adjustible. You shouldnt need more than about 700 for a road car. Your shocks dampering could be the problem ?

By no means am i a suspension expert but 1100 lb REAR springs sounds excessive.... Are you matching it with increased front spring rate too?

I dont think spring rate is the method you should follow to achieve a ride height. It may change ride height and swaping springs is relativly easy but spring rate probably has more to do with vehicle weight, suspsnsion loadings and intended use.

Maybe look at spring length with matched shock length and valving to achieve the look you want. I would hate to read about you being spat of the road on a wet day on a corner and killing yourself because you didnt have any traction as you skipped from bump to bump down the road.

i agree that no more than 700lb in the rear on a road car. are you doing this because your guards are rubbing on the rear?

i agree that no more than 700lb in the rear on a road car. are you doing this because your guards are rubbing on the rear?

Yes the rim is hitting the guard, and its as if i have got sponges in the back for suspension.... its ridiculous and i have hsd coilovers in it with 770lb springs.... could my strut be the issue? or a bigger sway bar...

Edited by Heino

It may help but I think the main factor will be your offset. E46 rear guards are hard to role. you may need to get the bender out and role them some more What size sway bar is on it now.

It may help but I think the main factor will be your offset. E46 rear guards are hard to role. you may need to get the bender out and role them some more What size sway bar is on it now.

Its a standard sway bar, but i think i had the suspension set up all wrong, im currently toying with it, and it seems to be working!!!! :D will get back to you on sway bar size.

If you have coilovers and issues about being captive, look at getting a set of keeper springs.

If you have coilovers and issues about being captive, look at getting a set of keeper springs.

Problem has been solved hopefully, i would the spring seat up but left the shock set to its shortest setting, it now rides firmer but remains at the same height. also talked to a suspension engineer about the rims hitting the guards on awkward levels, he said replace the sway bar and it will reduce the amount that the body rolls, he said it would rather 3 wheel than try and tuck, so rear adjustable sway bar has been ordered and the front next week, and urethane bushes all round :D hope this works otherwise new wheels lol

This thread an unbelievably profound display of ignorance of basic suspension physics !!

Or just someone learning.

Cheers bro.

This thread an unbelievably profound display of ignorance of basic suspension physics !!

Please, do teach then!

but bro, my sump needs to be 1cm off the ground for better aerodynamics... because racecar.

but bro, my sump needs to be 1cm off the ground for better aerodynamics... because racecar.

"Like"

Send it to a mechanic, or a shop you trust.. and help them so you learn and understand it is not an overly complicated thing to figure, out.... Guys some people with a bit of info can be dangerous to them selves and others... please remeber safety, if you dont understand it and how it works its a good idea to have someone help you.

safety is all i push here..

not having a go at anyone...