Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Flames be gone.

Just a quick post on a job i just finished.

Customer didn't want the flames anymore, so i did a repaint in Jet Black.

The whole job was $1500 all up, i'm telling ya all that because there are people (some in this forum included) that will say "ya can't get good paint jobs for cheap" well i'm here to say 'Bollocks' haha.

Before.

post-3653-1333879876.jpg

After

post-3653-1333880129.jpg

post-3653-1333879890.jpg

post-3653-1333879909.jpg

post-3653-1333879924.jpg

So if ya want to talk PM me, i do have repeat Bimmersport customers.

If only you weren't so far away.

*looks at his AC Shnitzer Bodykit in the corner*

Gimme a few months and you might have the e30/s50 coming your way.

Dude, that looks AWESOME!

I need the new E39 bumper done at some point, and it could use a few touch ups too! Have to wait until I have money though :-( Going back on one income soon and the Mrs is in the UK spending the savings :ph34r:

Mean paint job for 15 hundy.

Are you interested in doing other peoples cars as a side?

Lionel

Lionel

Pretty sure thats what he does...

Lionel

Pretty sure thats what he does...

Yep, that's all i do. If it stays still long enough i'll paint it.

Damn, $1500 for that? sh*t...wish you were a bit closer I'd be getting you to repaint my E30 (my mates failed big time when they were meant to paint it satin black, they made it mattblack and I left as -is ever since).

Drive down - $30 bus ticket NP to Ham' - $30 bus ticket Ham' to NP - pay for paintjob - drive home ;)

Still works out at 1/3 the price at a paint & panel shop (& that includes drop off & pick up from bus depot)

(& that includes drop off & pick up from bus depot)

deal maker

how long would you need a car for to paint it?

the paint has a few chips (with one real nasty chip on the bonnet) and scratch marks (the bonnet looks like someone has dragged something off it), paint on boot is very swirly, and looks like rear end had been repainted before I had bought the car and wasn't done to a good standard (flaking and a bit of bubbling, not rusty though).

So it would be a general tidy up of the paint, over the whole car

I guess some of it could just be buffed out, but figured if I'm getting some of the car resprayed then maybe worthwhile just getting the whole thing done and having it all mint

would be just after original paint colour (hellrot), so no special or custom made stuff required

the paint has a few chips (with one real nasty chip on the bonnet) and scratch marks (the bonnet looks like someone has dragged something off it), paint on boot is very swirly, and looks like rear end had been repainted before I had bought the car and wasn't done to a good standard (flaking and a bit of bubbling, not rusty though).

So it would be a general tidy up of the paint, over the whole car

I guess some of it could just be buffed out, but figured if I'm getting some of the car resprayed then maybe worthwhile just getting the whole thing done and having it all mint

would be just after original paint colour (hellrot), so no special or custom made stuff required

For me a repiant is just as easy as doing touch-ups.

2 weeks is what i normally have a car for a re-paint, gives me plenty of time for any unforseen issues.

Flick me a PM & i'll give ya a price. The price i give you is the price you pay, none of this quote price that "may" change without notice crap.

I charge what i do because believe it or not after nearly 30 years of doing it i still enjoy doing it haha.

Where are you based?

Do you do minor panel work too? like door dents and minor scrapes - just need a skim of filler etc.

Where are you based?

Do you do minor panel work too? like door dents and minor scrapes - just need a skim of filler etc.

Yep i do panel work as well.

This is what i dug out of the pillar behind drivers door (LHD) of that truck, yes it is an inch thick. Fixed it the best i could then put a skim of bog on it, came out well.

post-3653-1334458729.jpg

I'm just south of New Plymouth so maybe a little far for ya, but dependant on what ya wanted doing it could be worth it.

Yep i do panel work as well.

I'm just south of New Plymouth so maybe a little far for ya, but dependant on what ya wanted doing it could be worth it.

Sweet, we get down that way sometimes ;) Will get hold of you about it one day.

Cheers!

choice, cheers for the info

I'll get back to ya when I've got a bit more cash in my account lol