Sign in to follow this  
jom

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Just replaced my Bridgestone RE001s with PS3s, they were about $200 per set more expensive. First impressions are that the ride is substantially improved, and they seem quieter.

Anybody else tried them?

Just got em on my 17's , loving the grip in dry and wet. Great tyres.

Went the otherway from re001 to re11. Fantastic grip and roadholding and very predictatable on the edge of traction. (track day). Not as much comfit as Ps2 but better in every other regard. I can imagine that the Ps3 may close the gap between grip of re001 verse re11.

Went the otherway from re001 to re11. Fantastic grip and roadholding and very predictatable on the edge of traction. (track day). Not as much comfit as Ps2 but better in every other regard. I can imagine that the Ps3 may close the gap between grip of re001 verse re11.

Pilot Super Sports (the actual successor to the Pilot Sport 2) would. Pilot Sport 3s are inferior for dry grip/track days to the Pilot Sport 2, confusingly named, and they're a great wet tire.

I have PS3 on my rear and wow, it's a different car, I can drive quickly in the wet.

Suppose to be much more comfortable and quieter and will find out soon when I get them for the front.

Saw many reviews, and all said it's a comfortable but still sporty. While Eagle F1 Asymmetric is better it's too harsh, too much vibration on rough surface. Bridgestone S001 are great progressive tyres, best feel but sacrifice comfort and noise. Continental CSC3 lacks feedback but very comfortable. I went with PS3 because they are $7 more expensive than RE002 and

They are from all accounts one of the best all round performance tyres.

I tried to get some for my car but Michelin NZ don't bring them in in my fitment.

Quite common that a brand new tyre will feel better than your old worn out tyres though, they seem to go off at a point and you end up doing 5-10,000km on under performing tyres.