Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Curiosity

How much would a new donk for one of these be worth? Would this be a cost effective daily for someone?

Visit My Website

6k for a car that doesn't run?

Yer but you would negotiate on that & how much would a new donk be for it? It's worth what, 12-15k running I guess?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

could also be one hell of a starting point for an M73 conversion if anyone was game enough to have a go? 330ci, 12 pots and full M suspension plus interior. absolutely no idea if it'll even fit but f**k it'd be cool!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Ahmedsinc

I reckon it'd only be worth 9-10k with a fully functioning engine wouldn't it?

Someone should save it though!

Cheap i would think for this, engine would set ya back 3g i would say.

Done a few kays, could be in for cooling system replacement if the diesels are anything like the petrols. Bit of a rarity as an E39 a diesel M-sport, how easy would another engine be to track down? Might be worth a bit parted out if you could be bothered.

Dont think ive ever seen a motorsport diesel E39 before

i didnt know these things had this problem too.Would the damage be limited to just one cylinder?Worst case new piston and valves???

i didnt know these things had this problem too.Would the damage be limited to just one cylinder?Worst case new piston and valves???

Unless it's scoured the bore of course. Certainly worth fixing tough

Dont think ive ever seen a motorsport diesel E39 before

I've seen one before, it's the same story with our E46 320d M Sport, kiwi new, there isn't many about!

I reckon it'd only be worth 9-10k with a fully functioning engine wouldn't it?

Someone should save it though!

Yeah mate, but you're paying 5-8k for a same mileaged petrol import without M sport package or towbar e.t.c. This is worth more being kiwi new, m sport and diesel.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Afraid not, gets much worse than that, depending on how far through the engine it went.

Usually you can add a new head to that list, plus a block and maybe the turbo on the way out.

With the catalytic converters as the dessert course. Full long-block the usual method of fixing. Still worth doing though.

Anyone have an idea how much a new engine would be? 2nd hand perhaps out of an X5 ?