Sign in to follow this  
central3

2004 M3

20" Work Wheels, I think the model may be Rezax?

Josh ( Hybrid) use to have some in 19" and I am sure Ray (HellBM) has a set as well

Correct those are 20inch Work Rezax II's.

Unfortunately theyre not made any more and you cant get them new.

Joseph (use to own Work-Wheels NZ importer) bought in 3 or 4 sets into the country and they all ended up on these e46 M3s .. this is one of them.

Rays wheels on HELLM3 are Work VSXX which you can still buy new.

Yongxi still has my old Rezax II's in 19inch, non m3 fitment (et38) etc.

That car use to have the number plate 'GTR M3' and has had a lot of money spent on it. The paint is amazing in person.

I remember when it was forsale the first time for 6 figures ... 44g's is a steal for what it is and you could probably shave a few off that price being a dealer and all.

those 20" look stupid. just my 2c. 19s might be more suitable.

^^^^^ Yup agree, they look an overkill. I reacon 18's look the best proportion on an E46

Anything over 18" is purely for show imo, and even then only to a point. What would a set of 20" with decent rubber be worth? Upwards of 4k? Spend 2 grand on good tyres for the factory rims (which will nearly always be higher quality and lighter than aftermarket) and throw the extra 2k into useful stuff like performance bits.

I realize I sound like a curmudgeonly old fart but who the hell cares what your car looks like from the outside or what other people think? Ya oughta be buying a car to drive, not to look at from the outside! :)

Rant done

Stock rims are 19"

op car and rims are epic. you should definitely buy it.

^ Stock rims are 18"... 19's are an option.

The car in question is one of the nicest E46 M3's I've ever seen... looks immaculate and the wheels are boss!

Edited by _Mark_

Hmm tend to desagree on the 18 inch thing for e46's.

Visual balance is actually not to do with size. Its to do with the center sizing.

Mine use to have 18inch centers and 19inch barrels .. which mean't the stepped lip was bigger. This allowed it to have a larger sizing but retain a balanced none enourmous look.

If you had a wheel that had spokes that went out to the edge of the lip it does two things, make the wheel look bigger than it is and make the wheel stick out from the guard more, even though the offet is the same. Visual illusion. To off set this an e46 m3 can pull off this because it has large guards where as a none m couldnt.

my old car in 19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear with 18inch centre and 19inch barrels

Posted Image

20x8.5 front 20x10 rear centre and barrels

Posted Image

An e9x series car balance point is 20 inch.

An e39 is 19inch inch although it can look the same with 18inch and the right wheel.

Guest Ari Gold

Some added info on the car, it's got a supersprint exhaust and the paint is Individual.

BOSS !

Hi all,

Was pointed to this thread by Mark S.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the wheels - I was pretty sure they were "iForged Seneka" wheels, but will be able to confirm when I take delivery.

Correct those are 20inch Work Rezax II's.

In fact, it sounds like you know - so I'll take your word for it! Skipped over this post before.

I'd buy that example if I didn't already have a lower km version. :o

Mind you at standard ride height I only just make it down my driveway with a couple of mm to spare.

Edited by Neal