Sign in to follow this  
Shady

E30 at Pickapart Hamilton

Just went in today and there was a 1.8L Auto F/L E30 Sedan there. Was in pretty good nick. I took the door trims and some small bits I wanted.

The seats are the normal boring ones but were pretty good, no rips etc. Interior still complete except for door trims. And the dashboard is f--ked. Front valance was stoved in and passengerside spotlight smashed.

Anybody after something? I am going back tomorrow so can check if what you need is there (give me your cell # so I can text you). PAP prices are WAY cheap, I got the door trims for $7each compared to $30ea at a wreckers. So let me know. As for mechanical parts and anything that usually needs "checking" cannot be checked so are sold asis by PAP - Im sure everyone knows how they work.

I dont know how long the car will sit there for, by the looks I am the first person to touch it but once the word gets out, who knows.

Also, if you're local to Hamilton then go have a look - I am just posting this for outa towners who cant just go look :)

Are they quite rare to go to the Hamilton yard? in the welly one at any given time of the year there are 3 or 4 E30s and E34s, a dozen E36s etc

I';ve been quite a few times to the Hams one and this is the first me & my mates have seen and they go even more often than I do (sometimes they go at least twice a week). I think since it is just starting out still there flow of cars isnt as high yet - once the word spreads more then we may get better stock here. Have seen some absolute sh-t in there though with literally nothing worth taking - and I try to see value in everything lol.

It says theres an '87 pre-facelift there? Is it the same one your talking about? I need a chrome bumper

They got the year wrong, or it was one of the first FL as some FL were made late '87 (I believe). I didnt see a PFL sorry.

Be nice if there was a BMW wrecker at all in Dunedin....

Yep. No bagde though. And I also saw some minor dings in it. These bonnets arent easy to panelbeat (which is why I am onto my 2nd bonnet) so since you're local I'd suggest you have a look.

meh, better than nothing. will keep the rain off my engine.

Are they quite rare to go to the Hamilton yard? in the welly one at any given time of the year there are 3 or 4 E30s and E34s, a dozen E36s etc

Geeez I am gonna get me some of those fantasy glasses you must have been wearing at Pick-a Part. I went there with Oli a few weeks ago and there was not one BMW in the whole place.

Geeez I am gonna get me some of those fantasy glasses you must have been wearing at Pick-a Part. I went there with Oli a few weeks ago and there was not one BMW in the whole place.

Really? That is pretty unusual. Always at least 2 or 3 whenever I've been too! Normally 2 more than what the website says there is even.

Whereas Hamilton I'm pretty sure this is the first E30, cos I've been keeping an eye out too! The yard is only maybe 3-4months old, so it's still starting and it's the smallest pickapart yard I've ever seen!

Yep its tiny. Literally a couple mins to walk thru it. I usually go just to see if any "rare" parts on any of the cars are still there. But so far only scored bits for my Probe GT a few weeks ago (off a Mazda lol) and the door trims off the BMW. They should be sending some cars down from the other yards and/or hurry up & bring the cars in the front locked yard out - they can make room, it wouldnt be hard.

Bonnet was pretty crappy, but i got the head lights and adjusters etc. Between my e32 smileys, old e30 head lights and these ones, I swapped lens between the lot (and smiley cut offs) and ended up with a mint set of e30 smileys and adjusters etc for $40.

Internal parts and lens of the E32 lights are a direct swap to E30 light housings.

Maybe the butter babies are getting to ya, i could have sworn it was an E30 that i pulled the rear sub frame out of 2 weeks ago?????? :blink:

Edited by JMT

Maybe the butter babies are getting to ya, i could have sworn it was an E30 that i pulled the rear sub frame out of 2 weeks ago?????? :blink:

No that was the day you got the LSD for your series car and that was more than 2 weeks ago. After you gave me the $5 I have kept my promise not to tell anyone about the LSD

Well I can safely say there are no goodies left on the E30 at Hamilton. Although the grey seats are in good nick, i don't think anyone ever actually wants them.

On another note, holy cr*p that yard is tiny! like 1/5th the size of Lower Hutt at best! Only two rows wide even. Hope they find somewhere bigger in Hamilton and move on, cos I am majorly dissapointed.