Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Worlds Smallest working V12?

I thought it was going to be this guy:

Stunning!

Gotta admire the craftsmanship there and calculations involved, very skill full indeed.

I find the result kinda bitter sweet though, wouldn't ones time be better spend on a REAL life size engine for a car? Each to their own though, but I know what I would rather do. haha

there are surely some clever bastards out there,my mate father had an awesome litlle stem engine he built form scratch.Was one of thsoe weird opposed cylinder things...truly a delightfulthing to lookat let alone see working.

there are surely some clever bastards out there,my mate father had an awesome litlle stem engine he built form scratch.Was one of thsoe weird opposed cylinder things...truly a delightfulthing to lookat let alone see working.

there is one currently on trademe :D

Neat!

My father in law to be..? Is into model engines. He has 2 steam boats and a little (100kg) truck. When I go over there is alwasys somthing cool happening in the garage or stories about when he built a steam race boat with a motor that turned 9000rpm and glowed red! Current project is a wood kayak which is 17ft long and weighs less than its carbon equivelent on the market. All for a 5th the price too.

Edited by MLM

Unreal.

Probably not someone you'd want to get on the piss with but an awesome effort indeed!

Unreal.

Probably not someone you'd want to get on the piss with but an awesome effort indeed!

hahaha

Haha yup, more of a cup of tea and scale drawings in inches kind of guy now. :P

Still its funny how there are alot of oldies out there who were trying to sqeeze HP out of steam engines back in the day while designing valve systems which worked at high rpm. Skills and abilities that will be lost in future generations