Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Most expensive Bimmer on TardMe

This car was in a classic car mag not too long ago, good write up too.

The insulation they used in the double layer roof was usually horse hair but this one was reconditioned from the ground up and turned out when they stripped the roof off it was full of Jew hair, the factory was just down the road from the concentration camp and BMW was buying all the hair off the gassed jews.

Spooky.

TBH not my cup of tea, can get a E60 M5, E92 M3 and an E46 M3 for that kinda price.

Very nice. Pretty sure there's one of these in the Nelson classic car museum...no just checked, it's the Bristol 403 which is a rip-off of the 328

MMMM!!! Personal either you will Hate them or love them.

Andy'

Yes you could have those modern bimmers for that sort of money.But not with the style, grace and history that come's with the 327/28. It is the first ever genuine coupe and not to mention expensive 7,450 -8,100 Reichmarks back in 1938. It also was the beginning of the 328 story I believe which featured not that long ago.

The insulation they used in the double layer roof was usually horse hair but this one was reconditioned from the ground up and turned out when they stripped the roof off it was full of Jew hair, the factory was just down the road from the concentration camp and BMW was buying all the hair off the gassed jews.

Spooky.

I'm wondering if teh Joo hair thing has ceased for current convertibles?

^^^^ Would hope so aye :unsure: If true - a bit spooky as Greg said

Yep agree, you either love or hate I guess. Can't be compared with any modern car, but only with those in the same era.

Personally I think it looks great - for what it is. Would like to see in the flesh.

Personally, if i had that kind of coin, id be buying a genuine Porsche 356 Convertable. My dream car right there.

This being the most desirable BMW is probably arguable. Id prefer a 2002tii turbo

Spooky.

I read that too, not sure if same magazine though