Sign in to follow this  
sidewayswhat!

M50b25 alternator belt

Hey guys I"ve just gone out and brought a new belt because my engine didnt come with one, anyway I went to put it on and I think I might be missing a tensioner, this what it looks like Posted Image

It looks like its meant to go to either another tensioner (how much? where from from?) or the aircon pump (dont want one)

Please help me out.

Thought it was damn, were can I buy the tensioner? and how much are they?

Thanks for the pic as well will be real helpfull thanks

while I have this thread open, someone please tell me where this pipe in the red circle goes to Posted Image

into the air intake boot between the afm and throttle body

Good luck with lifting the engine by the plastic intake manifold.

sweet thanks, I've got something else in there atm :/ dont have a pic but its the circle thing that has the two pipes coming of it, I"ll get a pic in the morning.

So far I haven't had any trouble lifting it, with the load leaver in place, no signs of cracks or anything. :)

Hmm, your engine is missing a few bits.. mine have a hook at the very front. My e34 has an M50 NV all setup and working perfectly (I just replaced all the vac lines) I can go out and look if you want later.

ok so where does the long hose on this go? and does the short hose just go to the back of the intake manifold?

Posted Image

Also because I'm not running A/C am I able to do this Posted Image

Probs a better pic

Posted Image

I joined the very end hose port closest to the gearbox to the main hose.

The donkey cock hose goes to back of intake manifold. The longer one goes to the intake boot.

Yeah you can connect those two hoses together to bypass the heater core. I wouldnt use insulation tape to do it though.

Why would you bypass your heater? do you like the cold or something?

that short donkey cock hose connects ICV to the intake manifold. connects to part 9

Posted Image

I replaced part 9.. it comes with part 10, part 9 costs about the same as part 10 does alone! may as-well replace the lot.

I had vacuum leaks from there also.

Why would you bypass your heater? do you like the cold or something?

Not that bad not having a heater, but I guess he does live in palmerston north.

Haha sweet thanks, my aircon didn't work anyway, so I decied it was weight that wasn't needed, also that pipe for the heater has a smaller pipe between the two with clamps, just have the tape there to make sure it stays, (I'm from palmy) haha

not having aircon shouldn't mean the heater won't go.

I'd never not have a heater. I like having a clear windscreen.

No idea why you'd remove the heater entirely. Seriously, No idea.

I have some photo's of my engine, that works. The Vac hose from the breather seems to have a step out underneath it where you attach the hose from the breather, then attach the intake boot to the other side.

can you post some pics please, I think I have the wrong intake pipe, it only has 1 hole on the side of it, that and the plug on the loom doesnt plug into the afm. I think its for a m50b20.

ok so I've got the tensioner, but I don't have the bolts for them... What size bolts do I need? and when I turn the tensioner a hole lines up on the block I think cant remember (will get a pic up) but what goes there to stop the belt from hitting the alternator tensioner. Help!!!