Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

E60 M5 wheels

I've seen an E39 with what looked like these E60 M5 wheels fitted: Posted Image

I'm not really sure how to check if they would they fit my 1996 E39?

If they would fit, does anyone have a set they would sell (or swap for my BBS wheels)?!

Look at the demo on the site. tbh it doesnt look very good. I think your current wheels look much nicer!

Look at the demo on the site. tbh it doesnt look very good. I think your current wheels look much nicer!

I agree but sadly they are pretty rough close up and the quotes I've had to repair are astronomical and potentially impossible (apparently the titanium BBS bolts often thread so can be a nightmare to remove and even harder to replace).

Saw this pic of an E39 with the E60 M5 wheels - looks better than most.

Posted Image

if they are original e60 rims

you will need to make the center bore bigger

e39s have a specific size of 74.1mm , all others are 72.56mm

and make sure the offset range is from 10mm-28mm

this is what ive research to make em fit , or you could try adapters but i have no idea on those..

I Heard you can fit E60 front wheels bearings/hubs to an E39, but not sure about the rears.

I've seen an E39 with what looked like these E60 M5 wheels fitted: Posted Image

I'm not really sure how to check if they would they fit my 1996 E39?

If they would fit, does anyone have a set they would sell (or swap for my BBS wheels)?!

We have some of these wheels on the missus' E39, 235/35/19 on the front and 265/30/19 on the rear, staggered fit, they look real nice, stay away from spacers, you shouldn't need them unless you are stancing the car, our wheels are pretty much flush anyways. I have no idea what the offset is but go to a mag wheel retailer and they should be able to help you, if you do get some make sure you don't get the ones with a flat face, get the ones that are almost dished if you know what I mean, don't know what the technical term is for that. I also believe that they were a generic model wheel that BMW offered as an upgrade, but I don't know how correct that is?

We have some of these wheels on the missus' E39, 235/35/19 on the front and 265/30/19 on the rear, staggered fit, they look real nice, stay away from spacers, you shouldn't need them unless you are stancing the car, our wheels are pretty much flush anyways. I have no idea what the offset is but go to a mag wheel retailer and they should be able to help you, if you do get some make sure you don't get the ones with a flat face, get the ones that are almost dished if you know what I mean, don't know what the technical term is for that. I also believe that they were a generic model wheel that BMW offered as an upgrade, but I don't know how correct that is?

Definitely the 'dished' ones that I like. Got any pics of your wife's car with them on?

i got a set of 18 x 8.5" and 18x9.5" rims 5 series 7 series for sale would swap for bbs

i got a set of 18 x 8.5" and 18x9.5" rims 5 series 7 series for sale would swap for bbs

What condition are they in? Got any photos?

I would get them cleaned up and repainted first

heres a pic as is

post-2228-1341522067.jpg

I would get them cleaned up and repainted first

heres a pic as is

Thanks Garett. I'll get a quote to tidy them up and get back to you about the swap. Cheers

Definitely the 'dished' ones that I like. Got any pics of your wife's car with them on?

Yeah bro, don't know how to throw pics up on here, whats your email and I'll bang some through. It's on adjusties too, make sure you also invest in some adjusties.