Sign in to follow this  
Navin

E30 interior leak

Hey guys, just noticed a puddle in the passengers footwell of my e30, got worse when it was raining last week. Can't seem to see where its coming from. Door seals are mint. sunroof is mint. Any ideas? Need to get this sorted asap, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Check these areas... if it's like this .....part it out

post-1129-1341968164.jpg

post-1129-1341968187.jpg

post-1129-1341968247.jpg

post-1129-1341968264.jpg

post-1129-1341968363.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

Shot Glenn, best I go check mine although the passengerside doesnt leak. Driverside does. So should I check the same areas just driverside? Mine leaks hardout, floor almost floods so in summer I just leave car open to dry it out.

Awesome, cheers Glenn! Will pull it apart this weekend. Not giving up till I sort it

Awesome, cheers Glenn! Will pull it apart this weekend. Not giving up till I sort it

The 2nd picture is below the glovebox behind the carpet. I would suggest lifting the carpet and having a good look. This car we checked was one of the best looking E30's I've seen...both inside and out...untill I started to look further. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up for sale again. For obvious reasons I can't give any more info. If you are looking to buy a white E30... I would suggest giving me a phone call

Had a look under the carpet and under the car quickly. No rust anywhere thankfully. Will find the source of the leak and fix it permanently this weekend.

check the sound deadening above the glovebox. Undo the nuts on the firewall attachment part (Glenns picture) and reach up and have a feel around. Check the coolant pipe grommets and other grommets as well.

Hope you find the culprit, and hopefully its not rusted badly/no rust at all

Edited by dubman

Yup will do, cheers. I'm fairly certain it only started leaking recently during the storms we were having so I should be safe with rust. Will definitely check everything thoroughly though. Last couple of Hondas I owned had the same problem so i'm quite used to pulling sh*t apart. I've also read somewhere that there's a sunroof drain somewhere near the firewall and it can get blocked up and drain into the footwell instead? Can anyone confirm this?

All sorted! ended up being the elephant trunk looking plastic drain thing (in the engine bay above #6 lead), it was completely clogged with dirt and crap, cleared it out and all is well, stoked.

Edited by Navin

Lucky for you it was only the elephant trunk! E30 leaks can be a total pain.

My E30 used to leak either side of the centre console, but from the firewall side. I found that the seal surrounding the heater unit in the engine bay has shrunk over time, and water would pool over, and then leak into the interior. I have filled the area with silicon sealer, and it seems to have worked so far. It's raining today so I will have a good look to make sure it is fixed.