Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Street Pro Kits

I'd demand a refund with that sort of quality and poor service.

I don't think Streetpro kits know what good word-of-mouth advertising is. At this rate they're achieving the exact opposite of the intended result

Dont accept that dude... I wouldnt even put that pn a wrecked car let alone your pride and joy. Demand a refund from yazoom and send it off to belicose to get done.

Woah I coulda done better with a spray can!

I'm going in this week (if I get time, if not then next week) to pick mine up, done or not.

Demand a refund from yazoom and send it off to belicose to get done.

This is exactly what I plan to do (if mine's not up to scratch)

I didn't end up picking up my kit, just came to check it out yesterday and see if they were finished.

I have been in contact with Yazoom again who said they will contact Izzy at Streetpro to find a solution because of the poor quality, but I really don't want to leave it to them to make another failed attempt

sascha, maybe we could get out bumpers sent down to belicose at the same time to save on shipping costs?

I didn't end up picking up my kit, just came to check it out yesterday and see if they were finished.

I have been in contact with Yazoom again who said they will contact Izzy at Streetpro to find a solution because of the poor quality, but I really don't want to leave it to them to make another failed attempt

sascha, maybe we could get out bumpers sent down to belicose at the same time to save on shipping costs?

Yeah ok, we can sort something out when we both have our bumpers back.

I've just spoken to Floyd from Street Pro, he explained the situtation with the mess that Vinda left, what needs to be done etc.

He seems much better to deal with, I'm in two minds about whether this place will sort it out good now. I'm going to head in this week to drop off my fuel flap so they can colour match the paint (Something that Vinda never let me do) and give them one last chance to sort this mess out.

So I have been in contact with Yazoom, they contacted Izzy at Streetpro kits who first responded that I was "happy with the product and spent 2 hours in the shop" when in fact I said I was taking the kit as it is and was there for under 50 minutes".

The second response was:

"Hi there don’t not proceed with refund as the colour was told by customer that its an aftermarket colour and that he would leave petrol flap

Izaaz Ali

Director"

Well I'm going to have to go through the Disputes Tribunal as I am not pleased with this at all, and Izzy's customer service is incredibly poor and childish.

For reference, this is the actual colour of my vehicle - I test fitted the front bumper when I was there and it was pretty clear that the colour is off.

Posted Image

Update:

Was finally able to contact Streetpro Kits, who was not happy about me posting photos of their 'work' online, and they have agreed to give me back my bumpers (front & sides in current condition, rear unpainted) and a full refund. The maintain their position that it was them who was unable to contact me, when in fact they would never return my calls, and reluctantly have given up arguing - which also saves me from using the Disputes Tribunal.

Interesting, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Floyd didn't call me yesterday to update me as promised, so I called and spoke to Izaaz because Floyd wasn't in. He told me my bumper wasn't there which means it should be at the paint shop, and said Floyd will call me asap to update me.

Didn't get a call today so I'll give him a call tomorrow morning and see if it's finally been painted. I'd love to get this over with - it's been nearly 2 months (so that's around $50 of rego wasted, 2 months of inconvenience, and a whole lot of hassel).

Fingers crossed mine turns out sweet!

As a side note I hope they remembered to strip off all the old paint before painting it.

Edited by sascha

As a side note I hope they remembered to strip off all the old paint before painting it.

i wouldnt count on that sorry :(

Shite you guys have been patient. I would have lost my rag with them after a couple of weeks, not months.

What the hell do those guys do all day - if they don't paint their customers work...

i wouldnt count on that sorry :(

One of my bumpers was painted when it was given to me - they painted the base straight over the top which they said they had to sand back, re primer and do it again - doesn't sound like they did any prep work at all

So I got my bumper and lip back on saturday! Finally after 8 and a half weeks wait.

When I got there he said the bumper turned out good, but there's a spot on the lip that they couldn't get right. Recons they re-did it 4 times and still there's a line there.

I wasn't too stoked with that but I decided that I just wanted my bumper and lip back so I accepted it and took it home. Yesterday when I went to fit them back on my car, I realised the bumper actually isn't all good, theres big scuffs on the underside of it that have just been painted over! They weren't even there when I dropped the bumper off!

There's also a few other imperfections, areas of rough matte paint etc, will post pics when I get around to it. I've tried calling his shop and his mobile to tell him that I'm not happy with the finish but there was no answer, so I've sent him an email explaining it. Just waiting on a reply now.

I'm not happy at all with waiting so long for a less than perfect finish, I don't think I got my $599 value that the voucher was advertised as.

But on the bright side, at least I've got my bumper back and my car's back on the road!

Wow. I don't know how you guys managed to be so patient with these guys - they sound as bad as it gets in terms of customer service and bad work results at the end too. Guess this will be a very clear warning to steer clear of them.

There's also a few other imperfections, areas of rough matte paint etc, will post pics when I get around to it. I've tried calling his shop and his mobile to tell him that I'm not happy with the finish but there was no answer, so I've sent him an email explaining it. Just waiting on a reply now.

Hope you can get that sorted!

So I got my bumper and lip back on saturday! Finally after 8 and a half weeks wait.

When I got there he said the bumper turned out good, but there's a spot on the lip that they couldn't get right. Recons they re-did it 4 times and still there's a line there.

I wasn't too stoked with that but I decided that I just wanted my bumper and lip back so I accepted it and took it home. Yesterday when I went to fit them back on my car, I realised the bumper actually isn't all good, theres big scuffs on the underside of it that have just been painted over! They weren't even there when I dropped the bumper off!

I'm not happy at all with waiting so long for a less than perfect finish, I don't think I got my $599 value that the voucher was advertised as.

But on the bright side, at least I've got my bumper back and my car's back on the road!

Sounds like the same story they feed everyone. Izzy kept telling me that the work done was more than the voucher price but I argued back that the voucher was "worth $599" so I would expect up to that much worth of work, not $90.

Even on other forums he claims that he had to redo them several times, blah blah need to blend in the paint, my car needs a cut and polish to match the bumpers (yeah right!).

He said that there is ALWAYS someone who is paid to answer the phones and emails so he wouldn't accept that I never got a reply - I suggest you hide your number when you call or just pay him a visit; it would be worth informing Yazoom of the situation too so they can get a better picture on this con artist.

Since he agreed to a refund I haven't been able to get hold of him, seems he's saved my mobile and work numbers into his phone so he knows not to answer.

It has been 3 1/2 months now

Don't go into their websites either, a detection was made by my Antivirus hahaha

Maybe we need a discussion place where we can submit "places to avoid", "scammers on trademe" and generally people producing goods or services that are no good.

I've been promised a refund by Izzy now after I raised the issues with the finish, looking forward to getting it and having this over with.

I can't believe they're putting themselves through another round of vouchers! If the business couldn't handle that volume of work the first time 'round then why do it again?

Maybe we need a discussion place where we can submit "places to avoid", "scammers on trademe" and generally people producing goods or services that are no good.

I agree, that'd be a useful sticky to have.

Glad you got that sorted.

Said sticky

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=5569

Wouldn't say sorted 'til the money's in my account haha.

Useful thread but that's more of list of some car related companies. What we need is some kind of "blacklist" thread I think is what andy_e39 meant. Doesn't even need to be just car related IMO.