Sign in to follow this  
DSPYZ1

EVIL M3

I love this! Bar the M badge on the grill but that'd pop off easily enough.

post-7876-1342916064.jpg

post-7876-1342916140.jpg

post-7876-1342916161.jpg

post-7876-1342916190.jpg

post-7876-1342916249.jpg

Looks tough. The red lights (albeit different) aren't too practical for daily use, and I'd hazard a guess to say they'd be illegal, no?

Here's my wife driving a frozen black M3 - a set of big rims and suspension and you'd be sorted! Pretty sure the colour would be a nightmare to keep clean....!

Posted Image

The frozen black has a special car clean kit with it. Just touching it with your fingers can burn the paint.

The frozen black has a special car clean kit with it. Just touching it with your fingers can burn the paint.

C'mon Greg...really?

A special BMW cleaning system?..................well of course there is, BMW wouldn't have it any other way would they.

I'm calling marketing hype on that.

I talk to so many overseas spray painters and detailers who have not bought into the hype and have had NO problems cleaning, or for that matter touching up the 'Frozen' colours (black & grey)

I'll also call BS on the fingerprint burning the paint thing.

BMW marketing department certainly earnt their salary with this farce mate.

In saying that, it appears the SwissVax opaque series is one of the better systems to use on the 'Fozen' colours.

Edited by bellicose

WTF, did i hear the BMW guy give credit to BMW for "inventing" that paint?

There is SOOO much bullsh1t concerning paint it's mind boggling.

Didn't notice in the vid' any "special" items to wash the car, actually looked like a run o' the mill chamoix(sp?) as well.

Nice car. It looks very brutal. Also, the new M3s are coming so I think them will have better designs than E9X M3s.

via BMW

Posted Image

Edited by BMWLover

e92 the new e36, e46 the new e30, e36 the new e21, e30 the new err wait...

weird.

C'mon Greg...really?

A special BMW cleaning system?..................well of course there is, BMW wouldn't have it any other way would they.

I'm calling marketing hype on that.

I talk to so many overseas spray painters and detailers who have not bought into the hype and have had NO problems cleaning, or for that matter touching up the 'Frozen' colours (black & grey)

I'll also call BS on the fingerprint burning the paint thing.

BMW marketing department certainly earnt their salary with this farce mate.

In saying that, it appears the SwissVax opaque series is one of the better systems to use on the 'Fozen' colours.

I just call it as I hear it. They come with a scrtach free sponge thingy, a normal one was used at a dealership on one of the frozen black cars (maybe even this one) and now has a lovely blemish that is there for good.

We were told in Aus that the paint is super sensitive and fingers could hurt it, the inside of the outer door handles are normal paint so the door can be opened.

I just call it as I hear it. They come with a scrtach free sponge thingy, a normal one was used at a dealership on one of the frozen black cars (maybe even this one) and now has a lovely blemish that is there for good.

We were told in Aus that the paint is super sensitive and fingers could hurt it, the inside of the outer door handles are normal paint so the door can be opened.

Perhaps I'm just stupid, but isn't the paint there to protect the car and thus should be durable?!

Perhaps I'm just stupid, but isn't the paint there to protect the car and thus should be durable?!

+1. Paint that you can't touch - what a f**king stupid idea for a street car... It's either urban legend or a complete clusterf**k at the design office.

Different and special is what they're going for.

They are not a mass produced car, two in NZ I believe.

The paint is durable and does protect the car, but like most things if you don't look after it properly it will get wrecked. It won't ruin the metalwork of the car underneath, but it will ruin the look of the paint.

There's more than two frozen black M3s in the country, an Individual Frozen Gey M5 on the way, plus a Frozen Bronze Gran Coupe - same colour as the press shots, should look great in the flesh. Plenty more to follow as well I'm guessing.

Guest Ari Gold

Different and special is what they're going for.

They are not a mass produced car, two in NZ I believe.

At least four frozen blacks here, I've seen two frozen greys at head office and TM have a frozen silver on the used car lot (best of the lot, it looks the nuts).

Edit: Frozen silver http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-473929079.htm

There is selection of paint and cleaning products in ETK if you know where to find it.

You can definitely sponge and wax them - they're just specially designed is all.

Edited by Ari Gold