Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Cars you'd leave BMW for

Some nice realistic choices, the HSV is good, Magnetic Ride Control is awful as is the gearshift but they are still fast if you can drive... but its fast in a brutish uncouth way.

I've had an 07 GTS VE shape, only owned it for 10 months the wife absolutely hated it, she hated it before we bought it mind you and I guess they are a bit vulgar, the gearbox is terrible on them but found the magnetic ride control a good thing, eliminated a lot of body roll.

And that Porsche is nice Josh but I'd rather save 360k and get an older 2003 shape 911 Turbo.

hehe yeah, but its is 611hp stock with the chassis to boot. It similar performance of the new Lambo Aventador

You are right thought you could probably get similar performance out of a standard 911 Turbo and sink 100k into it and still be 260k up.

Keeping it realistic and ignoring the "supercars" that people have been listing, looking at other cars that are around which could be alternatives to my current BMW are scarce.

Lexus just don't have the same feel or charisma, even the IS-F (whilst it is fast) doesn't thrill in the same way for me. Mercs are more cruisers than drivers - and the current styling is a bit off key for me. Forget anything built in Aussie - far too backward technologically.

The only two real options would have to be either a sportier Audi (not driven one for a while, but certainly the looks have come on in recent years) or a hot version of a Euro Ford - Focus RS or Mondeo. Either option would have to be very convinving in long term test drive for me to want to make the switch though.

Saleen S7.