-C,E,S,SLK,SL,CL,CLS,CLK AMGs

-Audi A7,S4, RS4, RS5, RS6, R8

-R35 GTR

-Any exotic car brand pretty much

;)

Am i paying for it or is someone else?

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Guest Ari Gold

Have you driven one Michael? They're awful, both on road and on track.

You have to be kidding haha.

Heard the one at the track got bagged on for bad handling Sam?

Have you driven one Michael? They're awful, both on road and on track.

Yeah, an IS250, as I recall it felt like a typical baby Lexus, numb & isolated with a quality feel. They have nothing on a BMW of equal size, thats a given! but Lexus' are meant to be driven slow by dull people so it kinda works in their own favor.

Guest Ari Gold

You have to be kidding haha.

Heard the one at the track got bagged on for bad handling Sam?

Haha there were some pretty shocked faces when we agreed that we'd rather the Merc on track, and that is saying something.

Yeah, an IS250, as I recall it felt like a typical baby Lexus, numb & isolated with a quality feel. They have nothing on a BMW of equal size, thats a given! but Lexus' are meant to be driven slow by dull people so it kinda works in their own favor.

I am confused... Shouldn't a car you leave BMW for be more exciting?

I am confused... Shouldn't a car you leave BMW for be more exciting?

Heh this is true.

Well the theory is, if you drive something dull such as a Lexus for a while... become accustomed to it, when the inevitable return to a BMW happens, it will make for a truly rewarding & refreshing experience. Win win really!!

Buy a 2.2L 4pot Camry, then drive a BMW... hell even a 316i. And you'll feel rewarded.

I don't think I could leave BMW... lots of cars I think are cool, but I couldn't see myself owning.

As a focused driver that likes driving and fast cars that are fast out of the box, for now,or until I can afford a decent modern M car, at this point there is nothing from BMW that interests short of the 1M and I cant afford one.. I would love a BMW E30 M325i as weekend car but cant justify a useless object nor could I afford to do what I would like with it thanks to expensive hobbies.

Years ago I would have told you FWD's are crap BMW all the way but I have been enlightened and now look at performance major factor in a car, particularly well engineered performance from the factory that needs no mods or weekend's fixing things that should have been good from the start... enter Renault Sport.

Lots of fun, very fast and I like its looks, in a time where most cars look the same this stood out, its also great to over take a GT3 Porsche on a Targa stage in a funny looking hatchback.

Posted Image

NZ Performance Car of the year. This car is unreal, so much fun and silly fast on a back-road, its ridiculous. Makes me smile and yell swear words at how good it is when you are out having a fun.

Posted Image

From all accounts I would love a 911 GT3-RS of some sort but my dream car at the moment and one I keep coming back to is the Corvette C6 Z06, especially the one with Clubsport pack, I think this would be a car to teach anyone how to drive and I like the idea of a challenge, GTR's are fast as are Porches and Ferrari's but they also look quite easy to tame, this could be fast and also be a real hoon at the same time.

Winner:

Posted Image

There's such a range here I'm blown away, but the Lexus??? And that Porsche is nice Josh but I'd rather save 360k and get an older 2003 shape 911 Turbo.

I guess I'm a bit of a bogan i.e thumping V8's but at the same time I like my refinement & economy and you can't really have both in a car. So I've got two choices!

HSV but in red and different wheels

and

Q7 V12 TDi

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Some nice realistic choices, the HSV is good, Magnetic Ride Control is awful as is the gearshift but they are still fast if you can drive... but its fast in a brutish uncouth way.

I think it helps to be realistic with the cars you would trade your BMW for "I would trade my $10,000 BMW for a $300,000 car" No f**king sh*t! :lol:

Have driven the IS250 and an E46 back to back and even the old E46 was a nicer drive than the Lexus, I think what Lexus miss or what is lost in translation when copying BMW is the weighting in the controls, especially the steering, if its one thing BMW normally get spot on is steering weighting. Would not trade a BMW of equal caliber for a Lexus, I would however trade a $5,000 90's BMW on a $100,000 Lexus :P

Have driven the IS250 and an E46 back to back and even the old E46 was a nicer drive than the Lexus, I think what Lexus miss or what is lost in translation when copying BMW is the weighting in the controls, especially the steering, if its one thing BMW normally get spot on is steering weighting.

The 328 though right? Find the light steering in the 330 a pain.

Quite like these as a wagon....ahem.

Posted Image

Nothing better than an e30 m3 IMO (cars under 100k). If money was no worries then

This:

Posted Image

And also this:

Posted Image

Also a DB6 would be nice....