Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Car painter, wheel restorer and upholsterer needed

Trying to restore my E39 to mint custom condition. Not expecting someone to be able to do all three but wondered if any members do these things, or can you recommend any cost-effective professionals as money is an object.

1) Want to generally tidy up the paintwork - it's in pretty good shape but a few knicks and bumps poorly touched up by the previous owner - hoping to get close to a showroom finish.

2) Upholstery - mine's in generally very tidy shape (black leather) but thinking of a custom finish - this one floats my boat: Posted Image

3) Wheels - got an original set of BBS (not sure style name - similar to LM but not deep dish just normal machined lip) that have some kurb scuffs on the lip and the centre's badly need painting. Also has large ABS plastic wheel caps (like Super RS) that also need repainting. Not confident to do it myself.

For upholstery - Hit up Josh Bargrove @ Upholsterers and Trimmers Ltd (09 261 2411)

Has done countless repairs and re-trims for my family and friends and the work has always been faultless.

Cannot speak highly enough of his teams work.

Cheers,

Josh

For upholstery - Hit up Josh Bargrove @ Upholsterers and Trimmers Ltd (09 261 2411)

Has done countless repairs and re-trims for my family and friends and the work has always been faultless.

Cannot speak highly enough of his teams work.

Cheers,

Josh

Thanks, I'll give him a buzz in the morning.

Does you wallet weigh quite a bit? I'm guessing it won't after this, but I do like that interior.

That interior is an easy 10k job at least. Looks bloody nice though.

A cheaper option may be to buy a full tan leather interior and have it re colored, wont be overly durable but will get the same effect.

Arrow wheels for mag wheel repairs.

A cheaper option may be to buy a full tan leather interior and have it re colored, wont be overly durable but will get the same effect.

Or a grey one, I've seen grey and black combined which looks pretty good. You'd at least be using a stock colour without dying etc.

The more you look at the pic, the more it costs, quite a bit of work has gone into that. Oh, and it's a 530d too!

Does you wallet weigh quite a bit? I'm guessing it won't after this, but I do like that interior.

Nope, but I like to dream... I'm also pretty good at finding shortcuts!

Or a grey one, I've seen grey and black combined which looks pretty good. You'd at least be using a stock colour without dying etc.

Yeah, quite a few M5s had two-tone interiors. grey/black, blue/black, red/black. Can't say I dug any of those but I love the dark tan!!

As much as $10K??! Jeez. Twice what I paid for the car!! haha... I'd thought of the tan interior idea and recolour. Might be the go if I can find a complete one that's not too crazy expensive.

The more you look at the pic, the more it costs, quite a bit of work has gone into that. Oh, and it's a 530d too!

Yep, it looks amazing.

Have a few E39 interior options. Aside from standard comfort seats can do Sports in either Black leather or suede.

Nice. I'm thinking of hunting down a cream/tan interior and restoring it. In fact, I'd quite like to dye it a caramel colour - I think the black/caramel two tone interior will look awesome and I prefer it to some of the tan/black ones I've seen.

Might be a fun project too!

Have a few E39 interior options. Aside from standard comfort seats can do Sports in either Black leather or suede.

Thanks Ray. Will try and pop in this weekend.

Can I place my vote for Cardinal Leather?

If I could (afford) do the entire interior I'd definitely consider Cardinal though the caramel is a particular favourite of mine. Unfortunately my very limited budget means I'm looking at only replacing elements of the existing interior to give it a new look. Namely, the seats (but not the black plastic backs and bases), the centre console and armrest (but not the dash), the leather door card inserts and armrests (but not the black surrounds) and the floor mat edging; though I'll keep the mats black.

I think red looks a bit 80s if it's two-tone w/ black. Quite a few M5s had it and I wasn't a fan:

Posted Image