Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Not to bad for a courtesy car

Dropped mine off for a warrent and pick this up as my courtesy car a 2012 116I , Quite zippy and a hell of a lot flasher inside than mine, I thought it had cut out at the first set of lights I came to but its that auto shut off thing lol. Also took me a couple of sec to figure out how to start it hahahaha.

Posted Image

We were loaned a brand new 320d for a long weekend. I found the auto shut off a bit annoying, particularly round town when you're stop/starting a lot but discovered that it is dependent on how far you depress the brake pedal (on an auto anyway). If you press the brake enough to stop the car but don't fully depress the engine stays running.

It was definitely very flash inside, the iDrive system inspired me to install DVD, sat nab and bluetooth in my E39!!

Edited by jeffbebe

I'd quite easily own the new F20 116, quite fast compared to the previous model.

im sure its a not a bad car, but i couldn't live with that front end on them

I'd quite easily own the new F20 116, quite fast compared to the previous model.

are the new ones turbo?

im sure its a not a bad car, but i couldn't live with that front end on them

Ive seen a few too many of them and I have started to get used to it.

It's by no means attractive though.

I thought the idea of a product was to look good so you desire it? It's certainly not the case for me!

are the new ones turbo?

The one I got was a twin turbo, Put it into sport mode and it has some surprising kick with it, Not that I would try anything like that with a loan car :rolleyes:

Edited by M-Spec

Ive seen a few too many of them and I have started to get used to it.

It's by no means attractive though.

I thought the idea of a product was to look good so you desire it? It's certainly not the case for me!

to be fair im sure there will be more than one post on the internet about me hating the first gen 1 series too but thats started to grow on me too. if i had the cash then and now for a brand new one certainly wouldnt be the case, and they wont make much money by me liking it 3 years down the track huh!

The one I got was a twin turbo, Put it into sport mode and it has some surprising kick with it, Not that I would try anything like that with a loan car :rolleyes:

Pretty sure the 116i is a single turbo (also the TwinPower turbo is a twin scroll, rather than two seperate turbos) still puts out 100kw from 1.6ltr or 136hp in old money. Not bad in a smaller car like the one series.

The 125i is a nice little pocket rocket with the 2.0ltr turbo, so it will be interesting to see what the M Performance version M135i will be like, could be close to the 1M in terms of performance.

Pretty sure the 116i is a single turbo (also the TwinPower turbo is a twin scroll, rather than two seperate turbos) still puts out 100kw from 1.6ltr or 136hp in old money. Not bad in a smaller car like the one series.

The 125i is a nice little pocket rocket with the 2.0ltr turbo, so it will be interesting to see what the M Performance version M135i will be like, could be close to the 1M in terms of performance.

I'd say it will be very close due to the same powertrain in the M135i.