Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Anyone test driven ?

Link

Hi guys, I may be buying this car but am in Christchurch.

Anyone knows who owns this or has anyone test driven it? Condition?

Thanks,

Andy

fake headlight and tail light,grey interior easy get dirty.japan import.

Yeah but look at the price, 6500 ono!

If it was 12k I'd demand a low km NZ new model black on black

How does the saying go.

The most expensive car in the world is a cheap BMW?

Yucky.

Kms a bit too high. Another 540i listed today.

New listing

If this is legit, and good condition I would think this is a bargain.

Off to look at it sometime this week. Hope to purchase it.

Not trying to be negative, but you should really avoid buying a 1996 E39, that's a 16 year old car now, the later E39's are better cars, save up some more money for a few months, it will be worth it, don't buy on km's, buy on age and condition. :)

Not trying to be negative, but you should really avoid buying a 1996 E39, that's a 16 year old car now, the later E39's are better cars, save up some more money for a few months, it will be worth it, don't buy on km's, buy on age and condition. :)

Not negative at all. :) Of course I understand the benefits of a newer car. Its just there are many points that factor in for me when buying a car.

So essentially you guys would recommend the blue 2002 Motorsport over the 1996 Green AC one in Christchurch?

Not negative at all. :) Of course I understand the benefits of a newer car. Its just there are many points that factor in for me when buying a car.

It could still be a good option I guess, but allow for replacing the cooling system, it seems the biggest weakness is all those plastic parts in the cooling system that seem to fail, of course this applies to all of the E39's, even the 2002 models..

I liked my E39, but it was the gutless 528i model, only things I had to fix were the heater resistor, electric seats, cam sensor. (was a 96 with 97,000k)

+1 "Buy on age and condition" Less on the age more on condition

Really hang out for one with good service history. Yep- Do look seriously at cooling system- either factor it into your purchase price or preferably someone else has replaced it

I had a 1996 540. Similar Km to the Green one you looking at in ChCh. Had in 1.5 years Not significant issues at all. It had not had cooling system done but I didn't want to spend $ on doing it on that car. By age it was looking a bit tired.

The 2002 MS really looks the business but. The 96 greenie talks of lot of receipts for work done. It's NZ new= :rolleyes: Style 5 :rolleyes: Few extra's: Hella factory angles, rear PDC. S5 is pretty well spec'd

With complete /really good history the MS km's wouldn't bother me too much. otherwise I'd stay away from it

+1 "Buy on age and condition" Less on the age more on condition

Really hang out for one with good service history. Yep- Do look seriously at cooling system- either factor it into your purchase price or preferably someone else has replaced it

I had a 1996 540. Similar Km to the Green one you looking at in ChCh. Had in 1.5 years Not significant issues at all. It had not had cooling system done but I didn't want to spend $ on doing it on that car. By age it was looking a bit tired.

The 2002 MS really looks the business but. The 96 greenie talks of lot of receipts for work done. It's NZ new= :rolleyes: Style 5 :rolleyes: Few extra's: Hella factory angles, rear PDC. S5 is pretty well spec'd

With complete /really good history the MS km's wouldn't bother me too much. otherwise I'd stay away from it

Haha, going to check out the green one maybe this week but have one more exam left. He told me radiator replaced and had a full cooling system service. replaced shocks, fixed sunroof, and a few more. Will be able to see if it is legit after a look at it. The convinient thing is that it is in Christchurch.

This might interest you: http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=503417093

Not sure I could live with the interior, but if it's in good nick and has a service history it could be what you're after. Price is certainly competitive at the moment, guess it could go for more.

Best of all it's just up the road in Kaiapoi.

Edited by tmase

This might interest you: http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=503417093

Not sure I could live with the interior, but if it's in good nick and has a service history it could be what you're after. Price is certainly competitive at the moment, guess it could go for more.

Best of all it's just up the road in Kaiapoi.

I am keeping an eye for a 540i everyday. ;) the first buy now question was asked by me haha. Original listing was $13.5k for a while