Sign in to follow this  
Gus

E30 costs

How much foo?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just out of curiousity, how much have people spent on their e30's? keen to get an idea of badassness per dollar ratio. im talking all up, not including servicing or insurance but repairs can be included.

right, costs of my car while I've owned it:

paid $2'800 well over two years ago. (87' 5spd 318i with 200K on the clock- pretty good cond.

Repairs: 2 front shocks $150, clutch master cylinder $75, drivers seat belt $20? Sunroof panel $30, new radiator cap $20,

Maintenance: 4 tires (2 toyos then 2 yokos) $400, have replaced all brake pads and front rotors $300, plus usual stuff like oil, filters, coolant, gaskets, etc

Mods: Stereo- 6.5" fusion comps, 6.5 fusion co-axl , pioneer heady, 2x kenwood 12" subs, D-class alpine amp for subs, kenwood amp for speakers, all installed and carpeted etc, $1200

Tints $40

Springs $300

Boge rear sports shocks $150

Rear sway bar $50

Leather seats $0

Exhaust $0 (+0.5 hp)

Alarm $400

Paint $40

Custom Intake $10 + $45 for K & N (another +0.5hp)

Z3 short shifter $100?

Just under $5g if you don't include repairs and maintentance, closer to 6g if you wanna count that. Mods aside i reckon thats pretty good for the 45K that i've put on it.

Also have some IE bushings to put in along with new subframe, cost around $200

Thats pretty much it, worked at a tire shop/garage for a bit and mates worked at ripco etc so got some pretty good prices on lots of stuff. Also have done all the work myself so saved a bit of cash there.

Edited by petone

Paid $5500 for the car about two years ago, a 4 door M-tec 320i, 148,000kms, 15" A/C Schnitzers, auto, electrics etc. South African made and imported. (Granny spec, straight as)

Already had a new water pump, 4 new yokohamas, all new engine belts, and general repairs done on purchase. Since purchase i have replaced front brake calipers, discs and pads and a a/c recondition.

Had some slight rust in the rear left panel, (on the back if you look through the boot vent where they all seem to rust sooner or later) grandads was a panel beater so i just paid for paint and the resources to fix it. Replaced central locking control unit as when my alarm was put in (installer services manakau) the put the relay in the wrong way which drained two brand new batteries and set the CLCU on fire :angry: also my uncle has taught me a bit about auto electrics (as he is an electrician) so i had no labour charge for that either.

MODS:

Chromes and tyres, $1200 brand new from a pawn shop :P They even paid to fit and balance them!!! B)

Sony xplod mp3 headunit, 5.5" component woofers, crossovers and tweeters.

Pioneer 6x9's

Sony xplod 12" 540 rms subs (x 2)

2x 500rms Boss ripper amps

Cable and sundries

Most of my audio gear was bought at cost price through my uncles auto electrical workshop.

BoGE Shortened gas shocks all round, Whiteline springs, $1200 including labour

K&N POD filter with custom bracket and heat shielding,

2 1/4 inch exhaust right through (single resonator and no cat)

Manual transmission swap, New aftermarket clutch, lightened flywheel and pressure plate, $3000 including labour.

Bucket seats 2x Black racepro arrows, $550 for both, brand new with brackets.

Passenger door trim as i had to replace due to sum fat m0$^*% F%&^# that got jelous and kicked my car in the middle of Queen st.

Random bits and peices probably add up but aside from that, i think the most ive spent on the car is god damn gAs!!!!!! :rambo:

Edited by sakdbma

Gus, you should state that the cost of the car IS NOT inclusive, i.e., how much have you spent on the car since purchasing it.

My manual conversion and suspension upgrade alone put me into the $3k braket.

i want to include the car cost as overall part of it, you can minus bits that you sold off it.

me 6g for 4 door, -900 for wheels, 450 for gbox, 500 for seats=4150

$500 for wrecked M325i

Prob around a g for misc bits, mounts etc to put it all together

$570 for exhaust

whats that.....$6220

i know the wrecked m325i bit is a bit cheeky...in reality put $700 of tyres, $250 rebuilt starter, $190 of strut bars, $50+rum of wing, $300ish clutch, seals, $130 Short shift, $320 braided hoses are about all...all the other modded stuff came with car. plus the money i lost from initial purchase through insurance....but its all worked out ok. and still got a few more parts to sell yet to keep me out of employment

whose spent over 9K? cmon share the love!

Rough numbers, $8500 for 1990 M325i, about a grand to get some bits and pieces fixed after purchase, another grand getting front end sprayed (chips etc), $200ish for new boot and light seals, $420 for Z3 shifter, front discs and pads - waiting for a chance to fit.

So all up roughly 11k

The way things are going, that'll be about 3 tanks of fuel

Guest Andrew

OK I've pretty much owned you all:

Cost of car $3000

Death of car cost:

323 motor from Glenn - $500

Rebuilding 323 head - $750

New 325 motor - $3500 (everything new and modified)

Labor costs of all of that around $3000

Suspension $1700

Rust removal $1700

Bodykit $600

Painting bodykit $200

LSD $700

Seats $450

Wheels $600

Tyres $740

Cert - $320

edit exhaust plus tips $600 .

This is quite painful.

Soon to be added i.e in the next week repair for the wheel that goes flat and whole new brakes from race brakes around 1000.

$15000 roughly. That is using new parts for nearly everything. So basically the cost of building a new E30.

...having paid $3k for a plain looking 4dr 325i auto 4 months ago and spent $2.5k (new rubber, new disks/pads/hoses, new viscous fan unit, radiator flush, new seats, new stereo, Momo wheel etc) to still be looking at a plain looking 4dr auto...I'd say that $15k for your car sounds like a bargain.

Whereas I'm torn between flicking this one off to buy a manual 325i or continuing to spend money on it with a manual conversion, new shocks, springs and pr. Gus' exhaust...decisions decisions.

for me excluding the cost of the car $26,000 to date and I have just spent a further $700.00 US on Evo plug leads, Sparco Strut Brace and all of the heater & Rad hoses.

In for about $11K...

$8K cost of car

$2.1K for donor E30 with 17" wheels, King springs, short shocks, unknown brand Racepro type bucket seats, aircon.

About $300 for full service changing all oils and filters, purchase K&N pancake filter, new cambelt, all other belts, brake fluid change...

$82.95USD-pair new soft top hood gas shocks from USA.

$220-New rear brake pads and skim.

$70-secondhand OBC complete with wiring and sensors. $50-secondhand cruise control complete...

and countless hours of slaving to do all the above... priceless !! B)

I've spent well over $9k.

I have had the car for 6 years, and in the last 18 months have spent $7,500 ($4,500 of that in one hit 3 months ago)

Cheers

Grant

im sure u said u had coilovers.

Yea past tence though, the front left bent in my crash and they were a discontinued line so i didnt bother replacing them. They looked sweet but guess not. :angry:

Since you put it that way Gus, when you add the fact I bought my car back in early 2000 when car prices were mad please add another $11k (not including the trade in).

Makes it $15k, easy.

I totally bought at the wrong time. Looked for 6 months, finally found a decent one, (well it looked better than all others i had seen with 200kms), dropped $9 on it.

Who has the $1000 E30? Pics?

Oopps. One of them would be me, wishfull thinking, I must of just had a RedBull...

Cost of car 2 years ago $8000

4 Brembo rotors: $430

EBC greenstuff front/rear: $381

Tail light gasket: $56

2 clutch slaves: $95

Clutch master: $56

ECU repair: $343

Intake boot: $76

Wishbone: $222

Window washer motor: $50

Broken dash: $50

S/hd Tyres: $200

All up $1959 in parts.

The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner and the car was mint when I brought it, came with Koni shocks on the rear and a fresh respray.

I was set to buy a CRX with cams untill I seen this 325. :love:

I'm going to add microtech ECU, cage and coil-overs. Seats, harness, new paint etc...

for me excluding the cost of the car $26,000 to date and I have just spent a further $700.00 US on Evo plug leads, Sparco Strut Brace and all of the heater & Rad hoses.

Man that's a lot of money, what was the cost of the car. I think the E-30 M3 is the ultimate, closely followed by the Lotus Exige turbo. :bowdown:

$6k 4-dr E30 '89 320i 97000kms

$400 Sundry repairs to bring up to my standards and replacing steelies with bottlecaps that came with 4 good tyres.

$1000 - 6.5 Infinity front components, 6" JVC rears, JVC heady, Caliber amp, Pioneer 12" sub installed etc.

$500 Dynatron 7600

$200 paint

So say $8k all up and its still only done 100300kms.

Purchase price was a little high maybe, but was convenient and I was in a very big hurry to get transport so that is reflected in price. Have also spent $600 replacing cambelt, plugs and waterpump and adjusting the tappets.

hmm, i bought mine for 2200, then 40 to tow it lol

2000 for autotek in chch to put another auto in it (ashamed at this couldve put manual in!!)

2000 for my wheels

600 for chch bmw to do various things man i got ripped off can do half of that stuff myself now!

soo... 6840 for me without running costs ekkk!!

post-2-1122448307.jpg