Sign in to follow this  
e30morgs

1989 325i e30

Picked up some cheap roof racks off trademe and painted the stock tow hook up and gave it a wee wash

Tell me what you think/possible upgrades and what not.

post-16706-1346137595.jpg

Here is a photo of the back but can't upload it for some reason??

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...440283057_n.jpg

Edited by e30morgs

Refreshingly different. I like the lil personal touch with the tow hook haha. Won't be everyone's cup of tea but hey it's your car!

Refreshingly different. I like the lil personal touch with the tow hook haha. Won't be everyone's cup of tea but hey it's your car!

Yeah, definitely knew it wasn't gonna be everyone's cup of tea! Cheers though haha

Guest Ari Gold

You've certainly gone for the BMW individual theme! ;)

Don't like it? Move along...

I like it - a lot of the jappa guys have gone the branded painted towhook route, and even added roofracks.

If you're after that hardparker theme, have a look for a wind deflector (Thule make them). Here's some inspiration:

Posted Image

Picked up some cheap roof racks off trademe and painted the stock tow hook up and gave it a wee wash

Tell me what you think/possible upgrades and what not.

post-16706-1346137595.jpg

Here is a photo of the back but can't upload it for some reason??

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...440283057_n.jpg

Looks good.

On a side note, and nothing to probably worry about, but I got pulled over by a horrible Police officer last year and he actually fined me for having the tow hook sticking out the front, its apparently illegal and a hazard.. it certainly hurts when walked into.

Looks good.

On a side note, and nothing to probably worry about, but I got pulled over by a horrible Police officer last year and he actually fined me for having the tow hook sticking out the front, its apparently illegal and a hazard.. it certainly hurts when walked into.

Wow, Really? Thats very interesting. Yeah hurts like hell if ya catch your shin on it!

I like it - a lot of the jappa guys have gone the branded painted towhook route, and even added roofracks.

If you're after that hardparker theme, have a look for a wind deflector (Thule make them). Here's some inspiration:

Posted Image

Yeah would be pretty keen on a wind deflector and have been keeping an eye out, no rush though!

Also when you say jappa guys do you mean Japanese e30 owners or Japanese car owners?

Yeah would be pretty keen on a wind deflector and have been keeping an eye out, no rush though!

Also when you say jappa guys do you mean Japanese e30 owners or Japanese car owners?

japanese car owners, especially laurels and cefiros

Just make one. Plenty of walk-throughs on the net. I made mine.

Looks good. That towhook looks out there too. I've left mine in for the hell of it (when I got the car), but havent painted it.

I like it, looks cool! I made my own fairing, put a build thread up on here somewhere - pretty simple with some perspex and some ghetto custom brackets from bunnings.

Love the red Thule foam rack cover things!

Looks good. That towhook looks out there too. I've left mine in for the hell of it (when I got the car), but havent painted it.

Yeah just found it in the boot, had some paint and clear coat lying round so thought hey! Why not!

I like it, looks cool! I made my own fairing, put a build thread up on here somewhere - pretty simple with some perspex and some ghetto custom brackets from bunnings.

Love the red Thule foam rack cover things!

Yeah have thought about giving it a go myself, doing exactly that. Is it strong enough on the motorway and whats the noise like?

Think I might have seen you on the motorway today, do you have a rusty bonnet now?

If it was you it's looking tits!

It does indeed have a rusty bonnet now, was unsure about it but i think its growing on me, cheers man!