Sign in to follow this  
slowe30

e36 328i fuel usage

whats everyone getting fuel usage wise in 328i e36s. just got one recently and just wondering if its normal, best i have got is 9.2l per 100ks (averaged out over the whole tank). but more commonly sits around 10l per 100ks. is this normal or is there a knackered sensor. (note no engine light is on, car runs fine)

cheers for any info anyone has

Get the same on commute. Can go higher with lots of short 50 kmh type trips. Drops to 7.x/100 on open road

Edited by Neal

11/100k for commuting and I think that's quite good. In the 7s on a trip

Getting around 9.5l/100km going to and from work - no rush hour traffic and just over 7l/100km on the open road, can do Christchurch to Dunedin and return (nearly 800km) on a tank and still have fuel left over. An auto would be worse than this

wifes 328i wagon with zf auto 3.07 diff gets 7.5l per 100km on a trip about 11 to 12 ish around town

my 328i coupe 5spd 3.15 diff with super charger about the same on a trip and 12-14 around town

I get about 11.5l/100km around town, redline it multiple times per day.

I have a shorter diff though, 5 speed.

Edited by Nick G

About 11l/100km crawling into Wellington, 9.5 on a run - it's an auto.

And 60l/100km around Manfield.

Jo

ok good, my dad was using it for a while going to the airport and back daily from the shore and thats what he was getting, would go 2 or 3 times out during the week to like the supermarket and stuff and the rest was motorways

i havent kept an eye on it cus no matter what it is, its better than my e30 but it just got me curious.

btw its and auto and completely standard and staying that way (using it as my daily, if its manual i know ill rev it out and have fun with it :ph34r: )

anyways cheers for the replys