Sign in to follow this  
Trobe

Anyone know previous owner of this m3 e36...

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a crashed and de-registered 1996 BMW M3 evo from turners.

I am trying to get hold of the previous owner of the vehicle to ask them a few questions about it.

Its 2 door in dakar yellow, with AC Schnitzer equipment. Was crashed in the right front corner.

Previous rego was GLL801.

Whoever owned it seemed a bit of an enthusiast, so I thought trying on here would be a good start. Have also rung turners to help me out.

Any info please help me out, text or reply to this post.

Cheers

Troy

027 420 8568

I assume you're talking about this car...

Damaged E36 M3 - Turners

Might not be the info you want to hear...but there it is...

sh*t! So now I've been ripped off. Perfect.

Yea that certainly sounds like the car. Any idea who he is?

The previous owner didn't build up this car. He was just unlucky enough to buy it thinking it was a real M3. Crash was just good timing for him. Though I bet the insurance company would also be gutted to find out it was not a real M3. Cause I bet that's what was claimed on.

Also check in the other thread that the car did have engine issues of some sort.

Edited by driftit

sh*t! So now I've been ripped off. Perfect.

Have you still got the CIN card from Turners? If it states on there "M3" you might want to go and have a little chat with them about mis-representing the car.

Pretty sure they still have to know their onions even when selling at auction.

On the upside, this still has the potential to be a very good, fun car so don't be too down about it.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

The fact that I found the genuine m3 chassis number (EA88219) stamped in the firewall and inside of R/F guard, pretty much confirms it's genuine.

Can you show us pictures of this ?? in 800 X 600 res

The only thing "318i" about it is the dodgy NZ transport VIN plate which I guess was to be able to registure it on nz roads.

If this is true. The car is illegal. So careful how you proceed. The last thing you want to muck around with is someone elses fraudulent activity.

Sorry, removed my previous post. Had a closer look and found out the truth. The shell is a 318i, and someone has done a bloody good job to paint it from blue to yellow.

This sucks!

I was planning to turn this thing into a racecar anyway, so shouldn't have any legal dramas.

Just hoping there's no serious engine damage.

The previous owner has removed the DEM so it couldn't be started. If anyone knows the whereabouts of this DEM please help me out.

Edited by Trobe

It ran dry of oil, can't imagine it's goning to go at all?