Sign in to follow this  
Jamie W

Adjustable suspension

Hey guys, I'm in need of a little help. I'm looking for some good adjustable suspension that is height adjustable as well as dampness. If anyone has a set for sale I would really like to have a look and even if you can let me know what you think is worth getting and what's good but also for a reasonable price. Not looking at spending a fortune on them either. Just something that would be trustworthy.

Thanks heaps!!

Jamie

Hey guys, I'm in need of a little help. I'm looking for some good adjustable suspension that is height adjustable as well as dampness. If anyone has a set for sale I would really like to have a look and even if you can let me know what you think is worth getting and what's good but also for a reasonable price. Not looking at spending a fortune on them either. Just something that would be trustworthy.

Thanks heaps!!

Jamie

For what car ? might be importining some soon :3

For what car ? might be importining some soon :3

Oh yea kinda helps knowing what vehicle its for haha sorry about that. Its an 88 E30.

Cheers =)

Oh yea kinda helps knowing what vehicle its for haha sorry about that. Its an 88 E30.

Cheers =)

Sweet and is it Facelift or Pre facelift ? because i was looking at getting some coilovers in and had 1 set coming in for $650 including shipping they could maybe just chuck another set in the box , cost they about 400 NZD depending on the rate, maybe they could chuck two in a box or something.

the link http://www.jomcoilovers.co.uk/coilovers.php?car=19737

and also pro sport coilovers around the same price over seas

Does your 318is have 51mm struts?

Does your 318is have 51mm struts?

yeah it has them Konis and H&R springs , whys that ? do you reckon i should go for the Ground Controll Coilover Conversion kit instead ?

$450 for a set of coil overs? are you sure???? are they adjustable for that coin other than height?

ground control do a bolt in 30 way E30 setup for around $1800US, then you have to get it here, and you almost definately will be hit with GST etc too. but they are supposedly the best money can buy.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

ground control do a bolt in 30 way E30 setup for around $1800US, then you have to get it here, and you almost definately will be hit with GST etc too. but they are supposedly the best money can buy.

They sure are good! :)

But my only realy comparison is my old e30 with old bilstein + Jamex, so I'm sure lots of set ups would beat that.

$450 for a set of coil overs? are you sure???? are they adjustable for that coin other than height?

Yeah they are ! And actually have pretty good rating ! They are pretty much a budget coilovers , but they are also made in Germany witch is good :D

A buddy of mine has some Joms in his mk2 jetta, says they are all good! I could be keen to go in for a set for the touring.

Maybe im just annoyed at spending over $2k, but when the E30 section has a VW as its picture, it doesnt install a lot of faith! if you look at the pictures, and assuming thats what your getting, the spring rate appears to change with the ride height instead of being independently adjustable, and also there are helper springs which i think are not allowed for cert in NZ. i may be mislead on this point tho, my coil overs do not have them so didnt need to look into it.

http://www.jomcoilovers.co.uk/JOM-Coilover...Series-E30.html

Sweet and is it Facelift or Pre facelift ? because i was looking at getting some coilovers in and had 1 set coming in for $650 including shipping they could maybe just chuck another set in the box , cost they about 400 NZD depending on the rate, maybe they could chuck two in a box or something.

the link http://www.jomcoilovers.co.uk/coilovers.php?car=19737

and also pro sport coilovers around the same price over seas

Have you bought a set of these? Would be keen to come have a look!

Ring Evan at speed factor and get on to the xyz coil overs. There's a few people usin them in the race series and they all rave about them. Otherwise I have a gc setup if u wanna come and have a look at it before you buy.

Have you bought a set of these? Would be keen to come have a look!

No i havnt ! have been looking at a similar product from Pro Sport , they have been more trusted and have better reviews ! a mate of mine is getting them in soon, when he gets them in you can have a look at them !

Why bother importing some when there are some very good coilovers for sale locally? eg XYZ, BC..what happens if something goes wrong with them and need some decent after sale support? Suspension isn't something I would want to cheap out on as it can make or break a car in terms of drivability and comfort.

The JOM ones you linked are only height and not damper adjustable.

Edited by Gaz

I have only heard good things about XYZ and BC.

IMO, worth spending that little bit extra to get a part that can be supported locally. When I was talking to Evan from Speedfactor, he mentioned there is excellent support for XYZ, including having custom spring rates etc. Can't go wrong IMO.

Hey guys, i finally made the decision to call up speed factor in Tauranga and order some XYZ coilovers. Just need to send the struts and they'll set it all up for me at a price of around $1675 which im pretty happy with. Looking forward to getting them into this project! Thanks again for all your input. :)

Will post up more pics on my project page.

Why bother importing some when there are some very good coilovers for sale locally? eg XYZ, BC..what happens if something goes wrong with them and need some decent after sale support? Suspension isn't something I would want to cheap out on as it can make or break a car in terms of drivability and comfort.

The JOM ones you linked are only height and not damper adjustable.

Why bother when its going to save me $1000 on praticaly the same item :3 yeah thats true its not about cutting springs here or anything , i just dont see the reason between massive price differences between brands ! and yeah im not really looking for dampers really ! more on height adjust

I have only heard good things about XYZ and BC.

IMO, worth spending that little bit extra to get a part that can be supported locally. When I was talking to Evan from Speedfactor, he mentioned there is excellent support for XYZ, including having custom spring rates etc. Can't go wrong IMO.

yeah that sounds good ! it might be worth my while to look into XYZ now seems to be a hit with most people on here ! there is so many different opinions i am finding though in terms of coilovers !

Hey guys, i finally made the decision to call up speed factor in Tauranga and order some XYZ coilovers. Just need to send the struts and they'll set it all up for me at a price of around $1675

Good choice! Took a while haha

My E34 is on the XYZs, happy with the quality etc, but the real test is driving from auckland to wellington this coming sunday

yeah that sounds good ! it might be worth my while to look into XYZ now seems to be a hit with most people on here ! there is so many different opinions i am finding though in terms of coilovers !

You get what you pay for, remember. Ohlins, Sachs, Quantum etc are mega dollar suspension for a reason, and race teams use them worldwide.

Kiwi roads are potentially harder on shocks than some smoother overseas roads, so the opportunity to replace a single shock or get it rebuilt is a big plus IMO. I wouldn't look at importing anything at this level.

Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

No i havnt ! have been looking at a similar product from Pro Sport , they have been more trusted and have better reviews ! a mate of mine is getting them in soon, when he gets them in you can have a look at them !

Solid, is yours the IS that i'd see parked at Rangi on the occasion?

Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.

i like that quote!