Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Just a heads up on do not disturb on ios 6

Hey guys for those of you that have upgraded to ios 6 and may be just a dumb as me I just wanted to give you a heads up on the do not disturb feature that got me flummoxed yesterday.

I set a schedule on do not disturb then turned the do not disturb feature to on. This is NOT the way to do it, when you switch the do not disturb switch to on its unconditional and you will not receive any sounds of incoming txts and any calls will go straight to voice mail.

If like me you set a schedule just leave do not disturb set to off and the schedule will auto turn on the feature at the time you have set.

Not exactly the best ios upgrade and now the maps really do suck, Don't know why they don't listen and watch the jailbreak community more as there is so much more you can do with our phones but they lock them down so hard you cannot do anything with them.

I have not been having any problems with battery life that I have seen other people talk about.

Seems to be a huge amount of problems with wifi as well but I have not had any problems with that either.

Iphone 5 can stay in the shop, to me it's exactly the same just a little bit taller.

Edited by M-Spec

5+ generations of phone, still a piece of sh*t. Why people continue to buy them is beyond me

interesting. you think i should stay with iOS 5.x then? was going to update this weekend, maybe i shouldn't

i made the upgrade and I am quite happy with it so far...

tried maps on my way to work, and navigation works well

when you sync with facebook all my contacts take on their data, with FB pics next to their names. looks pretty neat.

reply with message works quite well, already used it...

I like it so far...

when you sync with facebook all my contacts take on their data, with FB pics next to their names. looks pretty neat.

I like it so far...

The fb sync was available on sgs2, is really good if your fb friends have put their cell number in their info, then if they change numbers it automatically updates.. very handy.

The fb sync was available on sgs2, is really good if your fb friends have put their cell number in their info, then if they change numbers it automatically updates.. very handy.

The facebook sync was avaliable via third party app on android 1.6

I like it so far...

Upgraded the day before a trip down to Ruapehu. Thought I'd compare my ios6 maps with my girlfriends ios5.

Mine was sh*t in comparison and she's decided not to "upgrade"

Prefer ios5.

Is there any point in upgrading on iPad?

(I don't really use my jailbreak, but don;t want to give it up for nothing).

my boss has switched to iOS 6. we converted it back to iOS5 today.

Is there any point in upgrading on iPad?

Not really, unless you are bored enough wanting Siri as a friend.

Not really, unless you are bored enough wanting Siri as a friend.

I think ipad 3 only got siri I never got it on my ipad 2

Upgraded the day before a trip down to Ruapehu. Thought I'd compare my ios6 maps with my girlfriends ios5.

Mine was sh*t in comparison and she's decided not to "upgrade"

Prefer ios5.

Not defending ios6,havnt even tried it but you could use the tomtom app or one of the many other map apps and still have the new features of ios6 if the maps isn't as good

im betting there will be a google maps app before long anyway,

Edited by kwhelan

Not defending ios6,havnt even tried it but you could use the tomtom app or one of the many other map apps and still have the new features of ios6 if the maps isn't as good

im betting there will be a google maps app before long anyway,

True that.

Most people are just having an interwinge about something they hardly use. Crapple stuffed up thinking they could take on the almighty google maps in the public eye. GMaps was arse when it first launched - far worse than the crapple maps. Fandroids won't comment because their junk phones weren't even out of crapple's R&D dept back then.

Going on crapples track record, they'll figure it out, but in the meantime, you should all get on your interwebs and launch a major hate torrent toward crapple and how they have just taken your right arm.

Or, just get on with your life and enjoy the good stuff... :)

5+ generations of phone, still a piece of sh*t. Why people continue to buy them is beyond me

Posted Image

I use one for work daily, have done for the past 4 years. I don't revere apple products at all, but it just works for me.

Just out of curiosity, who has an actual hardcopy of a map in their car whether a book or one of those fold up ones?

Just out of curiosity, who has an actual hardcopy of a map in their car whether a book or one of those fold up ones?

I do. havent opened it in 6 years.

Iphone Jailbreak Google Maps

Amidst widespread dissatisfaction over iOS 6's Apple Maps application, a hacker has reportedly managed to successfully port the beloved and sorely missed Google Maps app on to Apple's new operating system.

Over the weekend, hacker Ryan Petrich tweeted he was able to get the iOS 5.1 version of Google Maps running on the recently released iOS 6, Apple Insider notes.

The Google Maps app is not available on the iPhone 5 or any device running iOS 6 -- and the Apple Maps app which has replaced it is said to be less than optimal.

Since Apple's iOS 6 software was released last week, users around the world have "complained about the inconsistencies and errors with Apple Maps, which has mislabeled major cities, erased entire towns, shows airports where there are none, and doesn't provide transit directions," according to an earlier report by The Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/j...lide=more232402

I do, a small Wellington (up to Palmy) map book in the glovebox, and a bigger NZ map book in the boot

Me too, a Auckland one inside the car and a North Island one in the boot. Can't trust the cell phone reception all the time.

me to

In fact I always refer to a map before leaving home on a trip to a strange city or going to a strange address because I like to know in my head a basic course and they layout of the city and a few key things to be looking out for,

eg go down this road,past the park/swimming complex or whatever and then its 2nd set of lights

its just nice to have landmarks in advance,more relaxing and lets you concentrate on your driving

also Ive found many times the gps suddenly decides on a less than ideal route,

Its not always about the fastest or quickest route,how does it decide how many sets of lights and unecessary turns you can weave thru when a simple look at a map tells you just go on this road for 6 blocks and turn right

had people turn up at my house and theyve followed gps hell thru town to get there,I give them return directions 3ks on this road and your on the motorway,

gps just doesnt think like that cause its slightly off direction