Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

Parallel imported cars

Would not be hard to get one here before the official dealers, we are normally 8+ months behind the UK when it comes to new European cars being released, this means anyone could buy one in the UK and have it shipped to NZ.

Its good to see some competition in the market though, Jaguar NZ have already dropped prices 20% this year, now all we have to do is hope someone does it with BMW's!!

the more the merrier. Go Beachams I say.

I will seriously be looking into these when they arrive. I haven't seen such a sexy design since the E type.

Black or metallic grey with the V8 please.

That article is so full of typical Beacham BS it makes me laugh.

The guy's a total tool.

The funniest bit is where he says MDL have an obligation to honour the warranty of a car HE brings in, pffft....cock.

The guy's a total tool.

The funniest bit is where he says MDL have an obligation to honour the warranty of a car HE brings in, pffft....cock.

Thankyou!

The guy's a total tool.

yeah ive met the guy and hes not nice,

but the point is jaguar adjusted their prices down to a fair price which is only good for the consumer here

dont tell me they weren't gouging us before

and he claims 3 years of selling new cars and all problems have been covered so far is sounds to be better odds than a private import,at least they have some purchase/parts clout and contacts with a company to protect,private imports you roll the dice

Edited by kwhelan

The guy's a total tool.

Who cares if he's a tool. I have nothing but respect for him if he's managed to get Jaguar NZ to drop their retail prices by 20%+

He has a point about the warranty. However it would of course depend on the precise terms of the warranty (whether you have to purchase it from an authorised dealer in the home country or whether you could claim back from wherever Beacham got the cars). I had a quick scan of the terms and it seems a bit ambiguous; would make an interesting contract law case.

Who cares if he's a tool. I have nothing but respect for him if he's managed to get Jaguar NZ to drop their retail prices by 20%+

He has a point about the warranty. However it would of course depend on the precise terms of the warranty (whether you have to purchase it from an authorised dealer in the home country or whether you could claim back from wherever Beacham got the cars). I had a quick scan of the terms and it seems a bit ambiguous; would make an interesting contract law case.

If you know the guy like several here do, you wouldn't purchace a crumb off him, he's a criminal.

he's a criminal.

HAHAHA, i so wanted to say it but showed a bit of restraint....but.........................oh so true.

Edited by bellicose

This is what he is in fact betting on and Coercion has a lot to do with it , again arshole tactics for getting a slice of action without investing in making it happen

I like this part of your post, whilst Jaguar is a competitor of ours, and doing pretty well through both MDI and Beacham I might add, my views on imported Jags are the same as those on imported BMWs.

Have come across a couple of cases recently where customers were on the point of buying a Jaguar from the UK (can't say 100% if through Beacham but chances are it was) and the sale was stopped at the last minute by Jaguar UK leaning on the dealers at their end. He is being a bit of a tool spouting off about things like that on the internet, it makes it very easy for someone, if so inclined, to send a link to the article to a friend at Jaguar to raise his profile even more.

Jaguar have come a long way with their product in recent years and this new 2 seater sports will only improve that further.

Ya know the saying "the apple never falls far from the tree"?

Never a truer word was spoken.

Now, do some research on his old man, Greg.

Another couple of stories mentioning Beacham Jaguar;

http://www.hawkesbaytoday.co.nz/news/80-hr...n-year/1331483/

You are ordered by the court to do the community service within a year of sentence, from what I understand he was well within his rights to take a year to do it. Just saying :)

Sounds like a lovely chap! Might explain why there have been no claims on their warranty.... :ph34r:

Hahaha, this topic gets better and better, prob best we don't go too far into it but me and company have had several running ins with the tosser, the drunk driving, threatning to kill one, not the old man. Needless to say he got put down a peg or two.

From my understanding Alex has taken over the leading role at Beachams from his old man, will see how long that place lasts.

the drunk driving,

LMFAO, see the green garage............it's not the only "thing" to be rebuilt at doctor Gregs expense thanks to his .......ummm.....liking of the good stuff.

post-3653-1350367163.png

Edited by bellicose

Haha and the bridge out back of havy that the XK took out.

It would appear that some of you know this guy and his an tic's :ph34r: . Even if his business dealings are doubtful according to the opinions given on here was he directly responsible for Jaguar dropping their car prices or did other issues coarse it? :unsure: . A win for any prospective buyer IMO :wub: and if he is short circuiting the normal system for these vehicles being sold and this has an effect on warranties etc. Surely a new buyer would raise this issue with him and get it sorted before purchasing or have I missed something. Now extending this further can this be applied to new or near new BMW's being imported what is the situation with these vehicles and their warranty, servicing etc.

His dealings Jaguar wise may be outstanding, all i was stating is that I wouldn't deal with him purely because he is an A grade cock!