Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Rimac e-M3 World Records

Sveta Nedelja, October 12th, 2012. -- Rimac Automobili is proudly announcing that the Rimac e-M3 has broken several world acceleration records. The records are broken in Category A, Group VIII (electric vehicle), Class 3 (above 1000 kg) according to FIA categorization.

Enjoy

As logical as electric cars are, the absence of an engine & exhaust note is too much to bare! Posted Image

I'd personally rather see a super efficient methane powered car, fueled by sewerage / waste plant bi-products

Totally agree with the above!!! ^^^ Electric cars have no soul as I would say. <_< From my point of view they are not the future either as the disposal of those batteries is insanely costly to the environment and future generations. :blink: Bio-fuels and hybrids are the way to progress I would say, but then again I could be wrong as there might be something else entirely that is going to take over the World of cars. Although, using electric generators and engines in conjunction with fuel engines is a smart idea (brake power generators etc), getting rid of the fuel engine entirely… I don’t think we are ready for this as of yet. But this is just my opinon. :ph34r:

Totally agree with the above!!! ^^^ Electric cars have no soul as I would say. <_< From my point of view they are not the future either as the disposal of those batteries is insanely costly to the environment and future generations. :blink: Bio-fuels and hybrids are the way to progress I would say, but then again I could be wrong as there might be something else entirely that is going to take over the World of cars. Although, using electric generators and engines in conjunction with fuel engines is a smart idea (brake power generators etc), getting rid of the fuel engine entirely… I don’t think we are ready for this as of yet. But this is just my opinon. :ph34r:

Yep, Lithium Ion which is the lightest mass produced battery type compared to charge held is very expencive to produce, and there isn't enough Li readily available. if cars start using it too, then prices will sky rocket.

would make some very poor countries currently become the new UAE though.

from my point of view, the only answer beyond petrol i can see is hydrogen. but there is enough dinosaurs to last the next 100 years at least anyway, its all just marketing.