Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

850csi, too good to be true?

Hey all, I've been watching this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=525345045 and have had it offered to me for 13,200. This seems way to good of deal!

Has anyone gone to see it or know of the car? Seems very tidy and well looks after.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

its not a 850csi

just a 850ci automatic.

thats the 300hp 5l v12 .

not the 360hp 5.7l v12 6spd manual model

used to be owned by peter bromley

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showuser=1820

talk to him about it

looks like it might have been painted from alpine white to black.

enter the vin number into this website

CB57283

http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Thanks for that Brent, will send him a message

the overall condition of the car speaks volumes..You would be hard pressed to find a 1991 car in better condition imho

Edited by kiwi535

every time i see this listing i drool then i think must be a guzzler! lol .. good price though surprised its not sold ..seen in person at gas station so much nicer than those pics

If I had a spare $13.5K it'd already be in my driveway!

I'm as weak as horse piss when it comes to these, I totally agree. I don't have the space, but my father in law has just bought a new house which happened to come with a 12 car garage.

Yea it's so so Sooooo very tempting! I'm sure if I explain to the missus il sell one of the others right away she might let me have it.....

I'm sure if I explain to the missus il sell one of the others right away she might let me have it.....

That works the first/2nd time round, 8th-25th time round they are aware of that "famous last words" quote lol.

Haha yea I've been through afew situations like that ( mostly convincing myself il sell something and never do), but we have only moved in together just over a month ago so shes got abit to learn still!

Hi there, i remember this car from many years ago when I saw it in Auckland. At the time the plate got me excited as I thought it was a genuine 850csi, not a 850i. I remember also when it for sale in Palmerston North from memory before Peter Bromley, Waikato BMW car club head, bought the car. After that I saw it regularly when Peter brought it along to car shows. Peter kept it in great condition.

Quite tidy, note it has the front spoiler and rear diffuser from the 850csi (and later 840 ci sports). However strange that it doesn't have the m-style mirrors.

Striking car in black. One thing I have noted is that for whatever reason most of the early 850i's most seem to be in Calypso red!

Provided that it has had the work done and it and servicing should be a good buy for someone. From a personal level, I think I would replace the wheels with some M Parallels or Style 5's which I believe suit the car.

Good luck if you go ahead and buy the car. The beauty of the 8 is that despite being nigh on 25 years old, the design still looks reasonably fresh.

im pretty sure it was white originally, remember seeing white under the boot floor when pete had it, in any case looks great in black