Sign in to follow this  
Sean340i

New E30 Owner

Hey I'm Sean, 16, from East Auckland. I am new to the forums and just got myself a 1987 E30 with a 1UZSFE swap (Lexus 4 litre V8).

Looking forward to meeting some of ya!

Welcome Sean.

Any pictures? I recall seeing one for sale at a good price with a 4 speed automatic - perhaps its the same one?

16 year old dude + 25 year old car + V8 transplant = Lord have mercy!

Try not to die man.

Welcome Sean.

Any pictures? I recall seeing one for sale at a good price with a 4 speed automatic - perhaps its the same one?

Yep it is a 4 speed automatic. No pictures at the moment, just getting a few things fixed on it.

is it the grey two door? If so i know the guy who built it. Sold an E46 compact to his wife. Great guy.

Yup grey two door. Oh awesome, yeah he was a nice guy!

Try not to die man.

Haha, nah I'm sensible and the car isn't overly powerful. Solid as and it's just a good cruiser.

Try not to die man.

Also this.

Having the same setup in my car it's a fair bit of a handful! Just glad I started with a 2.0L Honda when I was 16!

Also this.

Having the same setup in my car it's a fair bit of a handful! Just glad I started with a 2.0L Honda when I was 16!

What you got a 2L??? i had a trusty 1300cc (i think, not sure) Sentra N13 Sedan.

What you got a 2L??? i had a trusty 1300cc (i think, not sure) Sentra N13 Sedan.

That said it was one of those weird 5 cylinder models.. made some quirky sounds but didn't really go anywhere in a hurry. For reasons I don't quite know, not long after I got it I went to a dyno day achieving a modest, 85kw @ wheels, bit of a laugh never the less! :P

HA, I'm sure the 1.3 would have been more of a hoot!

I went the other way, from a 2.8 inline 6 to a 1.3L 4 cylinder....

But that's just to save up for the 3.5 6er :)

That said it was one of those weird 5 cylinder models.. made some quirky sounds but didn't really go anywhere in a hurry. For reasons I don't quite know, not long after I got it I went to a dyno day achieving a modest, 85kw @ wheels, bit of a laugh never the less! :P

HA, I'm sure the 1.3 would have been more of a hoot!

Yes, it skidded

:lol:

Ha! I beat that... My first was 360cc. Daihatsu Max 360. 2 cylinder 2 stroke B) It's nearly like a 4.0 V8 E30!