Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Why do people import these?

Visit My Website

I just can't see the point of them here in LHD in NZ @ 60k? The X5/Landcruiser e.t.c are big enough and do most big jobs but I'm really unsure what purpose such a car of this size would serve especially an 8.1 litre petrol V8 as listed, I thought these had an LS2 6.0 engine? The fuel consumption must be 30 plus which must be bloody boring to fill up every 5 mins... That equates to roughly $65 per 100km - if you're towing I'd estimate 40-50l per 100km - my calculator doesn't go that high sorry... Also if it's over weight it will probably require RUC ontop...

The build quality and interior of these is enough to put me off, is that "leather" imitation vinyl?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Americans have a strange way of thinking...*

*Some Americans, not all, but some...

I just can't see the point of them here in LHD in NZ @ 60k?

The build quality and interior of these is enough to put me off, is that "leather" imitation vinyl?

thats rhd is it not??

but totally agree with the build quality, total rubish, and the amount of thought that goes into the cars is so minimal and is obvess.

and a 8.1L suv, all the read there is unnessasary and afaid of corners due to weight

If its the gent I know, he used it to tow his boat which was a fairly heavy aluminium cat, and the Suburban has the highest towing capacity. I think the engine is a diesel though.

Plus, you forgot to mention... it BUTT-UGLY! Looks like it's from the 80's (not in a good way either) and they hammered some shiney lights into the front.

Oh... it IS!

The fuel consumption must be 30 plus which must be bloody boring to fill up every 5 mins... That equates to roughly $65 per 100km - if you're towing I'd estimate 40-50l per 100km - my calculator doesn't go that high sorry

Oh come now, the fuel consumption is not that bad! :blink:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/suburban%202500

Edited by tmase

If its the gent I know, he used it to tow his boat which was a fairly heavy aluminium cat, and the Suburban has the highest towing capacity. I think the engine is a diesel though.

Must be pretty heavy to require a Suburban, my 87 Range Rover is rated to 3500kg.