Sign in to follow this  
Filth

E39 iPhone 5 Car Holder

Can anyone recommend anything decent? Preferably a wind shield mount that extends to the left side of the steering wheel or if anyone has any other good options - suggest away!

Not bad - have you got this or a iPhone car mount in yours?

No, I've got the standard armrest with no space for the cradle (and I've only got a 3GS!).

It looks very cool but I've got other priorities at the moment (like keeping the engine running!! haha).

Edited by jeffbebe

No, I've got the standard armrest with no space for the cradle (and I've only got a 3GS!).

It looks very cool but I've got other priorities at the moment (like keeping the engine running!! haha).

Haha! Yeah I hear you on that one - not sure if you would have been following my posts for the past month but my car is finally running mint!

Replaced cylinder 4 engine coil and my god... I'm scared of how quick the thing is now lol

Haha! Yeah I hear you on that one - not sure if you would have been following my posts for the past month but my car is finally running mint!

Replaced cylinder 4 engine coil and my god... I'm scared of how quick the thing is now lol

Good stuff. Mine too (though there's always more to do). I replaced all the coils when I bought it and have now done all of the vacuum hoses and fixed oil leaks in the rocker cover gasket, oil level sensor and dipstick. Engine looks very tidy and is performing well though I wouldn't mind a bit of low end acceleration - most of my driving's around town so not too worried about top speed. Thinking of looking for a replacement diff with a higher ratio... But that's somewhere in the distant future.

Main focus at the moment is the interior. Need to put the original driver's seat back in so the correct memory module is there (to clear an airbag fault) and want to recolour (either restoring the black or to cinnamon) the leather.

All in all though, very happy with mine. She's looking (almost) new again!

Good stuff. Mine too (though there's always more to do). I replaced all the coils when I bought it and have now done all of the vacuum hoses and fixed oil leaks in the rocker cover gasket, oil level sensor and dipstick. Engine looks very tidy and is performing well though I wouldn't mind a bit of low end acceleration - most of my driving's around town so not too worried about top speed. Thinking of looking for a replacement diff with a higher ratio... But that's somewhere in the distant future.

Main focus at the moment is the interior. Need to put the original driver's seat back in so the correct memory module is there (to clear an airbag fault) and want to recolour (either restoring the black or to cinnamon) the leather.

All in all though, very happy with mine. She's looking (almost) new again!

Ah wow sounds like you've done a lot of work! I wonder how much difference this is between mine and yours re power... I can't imagine there would be a heap!

I'm so jelly of your headlights... they are so clear! I took the headlight cleaner kit to my car and it worked but needs more - especially now that I have new angel eye LED markers in there :-(

I'm so jelly of your headlights... they are so clear! I took the headlight cleaner kit to my car and it worked but needs more - especially now that I have new angel eye LED markers in there :-(

Previous owner very kindly replaced the original headlights with new Depo projectors with clear indicators so they're in good nick. Wouldn't mind a set of these but can't really justify the cost when the ones I have are fairly mint.

Previous owner very kindly replaced the original headlights with new Depo projectors with clear indicators so they're in good nick. Wouldn't mind a set of these but can't really justify the cost when the ones I have are fairly mint.

Oh yeah, those are nice - look kinda like mine.... damn I really need to fix mine!

http://i48.tinypic.com/rrpnc8.jpg

Not sure if they do one for 5 yet but probably will soon.

Might have to wait a while for that one, thanks to Apple changing the format of the connector, and the interfaces and the way they work through the connector, and not telling anyone they were going to do it, and not telling the techies at BMW so they could start working on an in-car solution.

OMG i have owned n cherished n owned a lot of cars in my short time n this planet but you BMW guys are so much up to speed i am in AWE!!! so much to learn n so little time! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!