Sign in to follow this  
Hi-Tek

New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing 2013 - Denny Hulme (Photos)

was a great day loved the 850 v12 being raced and got to have a nice one on one chat with jim richard sitting in the 635 csi dam nice guy

dam nice photos dude

Edited by crunchy

Love the engine shots. The corolla is cool, something different.

Love the engine shots. The corolla is cool, something different.

That Corolla dominated all day, has done 1:09s at Hampton Downs a few weeks ago.

There wasn't much that could touch it in its class (Group A & Historics) and for the ~$35,000 the guy paid for it it's a lot of car for the money. I think it's a 1998 Corolla, built for the BTCC by Andy Rouse.

Edited by Hi-Tek

Some more track shots etc. Have very high qaulity shots of all these and more ... just ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That Corolla dominated all day, has done 1:09s at Hampton Downs a few weeks ago.

There wasn't much that could touch it in its class (Group A & Historics) and for the ~$35,000 the guy paid for it it's a lot of car for the money. I think it's a 1998 Corolla, built for the BTCC by Andy Rouse.

There are some scary build cost numbers associated with that car, but it couldn't run in the BTCC as they couldn't find a sponsor.

That PanAm Capri has an even scarier price tag on it ( not that it's for sale ).

nice pics indeed

one of the white m3's on sat was cocking a front wheel big time coming off the corner a bit to heavy on the front bar setting

There are some scary build cost numbers associated with that car, but it couldn't run in the BTCC as they couldn't find a sponsor.

It was at the pinnacle of the BTCC, teams were spending millions of pounds developing the cars, it is no surprise how fast they were compared to the late 80's early 90's cars, they are much faster than the pre 2000 BTCC's too.

There was a ex BTCC Honda Accord floating around for a few years locally also, I never watched it race (not sure he did/could afford too) but the engineering on the thing was awesome, they really are like dressing a stripper in a nuns outfit.

Thanks for the photo's, plan on heading down this weekend for a look.

It was at the pinnacle of the BTCC, teams were spending millions of pounds developing the cars, it is no surprise how fast they were compared to the late 80's early 90's cars, they are much faster than the pre 2000 BTCC's too.

Thanks for the photo's, plan on heading down this weekend for a look.

And the scary thing was the Corolla build didn't have factory backing. Would hate ( love ) to see what the works teams were spending to develop the car.

ALso going to go down this weekend, hopefully the weather holds.

Moderators, could you please edit the thread title to the correct year (2013), looks like I need to catch up!

Great pic's. Thanks for sharing them.

Curious about the E30 Group A M3 Super Turismo, great looking car. Can anyone direct me to a website about the series?

www.bmwraceseries.co.nz

Although it seems to be playing up right now..

Edit: Ooops, sorry wrong link. Serves me right for not fully reading the posts above :(

Edited by huff3r

Great pic's. Thanks for sharing them.

Curious about the E30 Group A M3 Super Turismo, great looking car. Can anyone direct me to a website about the series?

^

The link in the post above this is not going to help you Chris.

What is it you're after in particular, the group of cars that I posted pictures about only really get together once a year at Hampton Downs. There are other races that the owner Stephen no doubt races in Christchurch.

Here's some info about the car from a thread he has made on s14power.com

BMW E30 M3 Super Tourismo

I purchased the above car from France in 2007. Below is the information that was posted about the car when it was for sale. Some of the information given was incorrect, such as the gearbox configuration, and when the car and engine was rebuilt. The car was supplied with a large number of spares such as suspension and body panels etc. After sitting for 16 years I went through the car, overhauling the brakes, fitting new belts and changing oils etc. I raced the car at a club meeting and then at an historic meeting. In the second race at the historic meeting the engine starting fuming very badly, which was caused by a cracked piston, which subsequently required an engine rebuild. This has now been completed and I have just finished a four meeting race series where the car has proved to be very quick, and also reliable.

One of only 4 (and the only one still in existence) ex-works M3 Group A. A 2,5 litre car bought for EUR 225,000 as spare parts by BMW-France from BMW Motorsport GmbH.

This car raced in the 1990 and 1991 French Touring Car Championships. It was driven by Michel Ferte and was placed second in 1990. At the end of the 1990 season the car was badly crashed in a testing accident by Francois Chauche, the French Touring car champion for 1990.

The car was rebuilt using only the latest Evolution parts from BMW Motorsport, including a brand new bodyshell at a cost of 90000 Euros. The car finished 5th in the 1991 championships. At the end of 1991 BMW withdrew the team and this car was purchased by a private collector in France, where it stayed until brought to New Zealand in 2007

Specification:

Engine 2720 cc Bore 96 mm Stroke 94mm Dry Sump Lubrication

8 Injector Slide Throttle Fuel Injection 385 HP @8750 RPM Max RPM 9250

Clutch: 206 mm AP Double Plate Carbon Clutch

Gearbox: BMW Motorsport Getrag Gearbox fitted with closer ratio gears. Fitted with external pump and oil cooler.

Differential: BMW Motorsport plate limited slip differential. Fitted with external pump and oil cooler.

Suspension: BMW Group A with cockpit adjustable anti roll bars

Brakes: Front AP 355 mm discs with 6 piston calipers.

Rear AP 312 mm discs with 4 piston calipers

Cockpit adjustable brake bias

Bodywork: BMW Motorsport bodyshell Chassis Number M3-1-177

Front guards, front panel, passenger door, and rear panel-Kevlar

Bonnet-Carbon Fibre Weight approximately 930 kgs.

Wheels: 18†x 10†BBS 3 piece centrelock wheels

Tyres 640 x 240 x 18 slicks or treaded wet weather tyres