Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Anyone own or know this E39 touring?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=570651060

Have had some bad luck lately and money's a bit tight so thinking we may have to become a single car family. My beloved E39 would have to be the sacrificial lamb but, if so, I'd really like to convince the wife to flick the Mazda 6 wagon and pick up a nice motorsport E39 wagon.

PS Message me if you're interested in my sedan... PICS.

I hope you don't have to get rid of your E39, after all of the updates I have seen you post on here over the last year or so I know it'd be a bit of a heartbreaker for you. I reckon your sedan looks great, and the upgrades you've done have only served to enhance it.

I don't know anything about the touring you've posted, but I like the colour, PDC is a plus (and rare on an import, from Singapore maybe?), and the M additions make it look sharp.

Best of luck getting rid of the Mazda and I hope it works out for you.

sad to hear you may have to part with your lovely car, but just an opinion.. if money is short, why not keep the mazda wagon (which i assume is relatively reliable) and sort out your finances first, rather than selling both cars and taking a risk on a new car? once you get sorted maybe you can just buy another car for yourself.. its pretty hard to find decent e39 tourings..

how about the silver one for sale on this forum? the 530i non msport but looks tidy enough and priced reasonably compared to this 525 for $13k..

hope all works out well for you and your family!

I would agree it would be a bit risky selling both cars to replace them with one. Also as expected from any E39 it would cost another 1 - 2k after ownership to tidy up.

I don't know anything about the touring you've posted, but I like the colour, PDC is a plus (and rare on an import, from Singapore maybe?), and the M additions make it look sharp.

its a UK car by the looks..MPH is a bit of a giveaway

its a UK car by the looks..MPH is a bit of a giveaway

not to mention where right under "MPH" it says "UK" :lol:

It appears to have spent nearly 10 years on UK salted roads, being registered here in 2011... I wonder how it looks underneath... :o

not to mention where right under "MPH" it says "UK" :lol:

It appears to have spent nearly 10 years on UK salted roads, being registered here in 2011... I wonder how it looks underneath... :o

Guess it depends where in the UK it's from. I grew up there and can count on one hand the number of times my local roads required salting in 20+ years! If it's from North of the Watford Gap, it's probably fooked.

Guess it depends where in the UK it's from. I grew up there and can count on one hand the number of times my local roads required salting in 20+ years! If it's from North of the Watford Gap, it's probably fooked.

Sounds good :-)

Have a good look underneath. The sills are prone to rot on the UK forums, and the stuff they have issues with is bizarre! Rotted out rear brake lines are common, and some of the engine and gearboxes look pretty scary, stuck bolts on calipers and suspension etc

I would seriously be more tempted by the 530i that Brunch has for sale too: Visit My Website, as mentioned above. It looks really nice!

I would seriously be more tempted by the 530i that Brunch has for sale too: Visit My Website, as mentioned above. It looks really nice!

Yes, been thinking about brunch's one! Thanks

Tax man has given me a break so don't have to sell my sedan... Relief.

Tax man has given me a break so don't have to sell my sedan... Relief.

try to find a kiwi new wagon. Don't worry about motosport or not.easy convert to.V8 is the only one choice.

try to find a kiwi new wagon. Don't worry about motosport or not.easy convert to.V8 is the only one choice.

Saw a gorgeous E60 M5 wagon on Ponsonby Road today (so much better looking than the sedan). Made me think how much fun it would be to make an E39 M5 wagon... There was an M5 engine on TM for around $12K!!

Saw a gorgeous E60 M5 wagon on Ponsonby Road today (so much better looking than the sedan). Made me think how much fun it would be to make an E39 M5 wagon... There was an M5 engine on TM for around $12K!!

I don't think that would help your tax problems! Your expenses would be up a bit though ;) $12K just to start :lol:

I don't think that would help your tax problems! Your expenses would be up a bit though ;) $12K just to start :lol:

You're not wrong... I have a long list of 'when-my-memoirs-are-a-best-seller' things I'd like to do.

Pretty sure it's been for sale for a hell of a long time too - +/- 3 (?) years IIRC?

Edited by Ahmedsinc