Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

WTB: E39 Wagon MANUAL

I'd like a 525i or 530i wagon with manual gearbox. Can anyone tell me if they even exist in NZ? I've never seen one for sale in the 2 years I've been here. Have only seen 3 3-series manual wagons (with 6's). Starting to consider that.

What's the deal?

Thanks.

I'd like a 525i or 530i wagon with manual gearbox. Can anyone tell me if they even exist in NZ? I've never seen one for sale in the 2 years I've been here. Have only seen 3 3-series manual wagons (with 6's). Starting to consider that.

What's the deal?

Thanks.

I've never seen one :( Manual E39's are hard enough to find anyway - I think there have been more M5's for sales than "normal" ones - that's why I jumped on our 525i. I'd LOVE a manual 530i touring.

The manual REALLY makes a difference - really livens them up.

You could always have a manual conversion done B)

You're probably more likely to find rocking horse poo under the xmas tree than a manual E39 estate.

Best bet would be to convert one yourself. There was a manual 528 on tardme http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-572986721.htm that would do the trick as a donor I suspect.

Expensive way of doing it but realistically cheaper than importing ( if that's even possible now). Plenty in the UK but you'd probably be bringing in a car that's only good as a donor. Buuuuuuut, you'd likely find a 540i wagon... now that'd be a project worth tackling :D

you might find a e39 528 touring,they the only manual e39 manual i have seen apart from a few e39 540 six speeds or M5s

you might find a e39 528 touring,they the only manual e39 manual i have seen apart from a few e39 540 six speeds or M5s

Perhaps I was to specific :-) A 528i Touring Manual would be perfect.... yet in my 2 years in NZ I have never seen one for sale. Should have imported one when I first arrived...to late now :-(

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Cheers,

James

You must be able to do it yourself,

Manual box to suit 2.8 or 3.0 with flywheel

New clutch

Braided clutch line

Pedal box from e34/e36?

Shortened/lengthen driveshaft

Shifter parts from e34/e36?

Thoughts??

Cheers.

You must be able to do it yourself,

Pedal box from e34/e36?

Shifter parts from e34/e36?

Thoughts??

Cheers.

i hear E39 manual parts anywhere in the world are hard to find and no substitute

Buy one and give us a call re. conversion. We just did a E39 540 touring.

ps. disregard the misinformation so often produced on the forum.

Edited by HELLBM