Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Different, but nice.

One of those personal choice things. For me to expensive about 6 to 6 half it is 14,15 years old and k's in the area when things start to brake or fail. The exterior colour, interior combo, e30, e34 type wheels just don't do it for me.

GL51076

NZ Rego 13 Jan 1999

Assembled October 98

Edited by allan

It is a shame that the NZ new cars are so Povo spec !

No screen, no steering wheel controls etc - but the dealer says 'TOP SPEC' :rolleyes:

At that age I would expect cooling and ABS module at least to need work / replacement.

I bet that's far, far from every option.

My boss had a NZ New 528i (ASE), Oxford Green on stock 16" wheels, had a screen, controls on wheel ect... about the same km's as that... he got 6k for it.

Ironically weren't the E39's one of the first BMW to be filled with retarded amounts of electronics that control everything? haha.

It is a shame that the NZ new cars are so Povo spec !

No screen, no steering wheel controls etc - but the dealer says 'TOP SPEC' :rolleyes:

Not even the proper OBC either - looks like it's plain jane, but with climate air, not the rotary controls like some 520i's had.

Can't say I'm a fan of the interior - wood is hideous regardless of the other colours and it seems a bit "busy" I think.

Exterior looks really tidy - especially for black.

That interior is V nice :)

How I am I going to watch UHF TV on a small poorly lit box shape and control my tape player from the steering wheel because I have short arms and long legs without those modern features?

Guess not the car for me :P

What I am looking for an used import as so I can throw my new euro plates on it and enjoy some Japanese navigation on the way to the workshop, I also want a mystery service history because I am spontaneous and like adventure, I would also like some grey velour seats because it reminds me of baby ducks.

dads selling a 99 528i with screen and steering wheel controls (yay!) for like 5k. had an engine transplant a reconditioned m52, runs mint with heaps of receipts. 18" bbs wheels better looking that style 5s (on e39s anyway, love style 5s on e30s)... anyways this car seems nothing special.. really nothing special at all.. just IMO