Some photos of my 325i.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is a 1990 E30 325i with M-Technik package from factory. I bought the E30 off a friend who was the original owner since new. It was first registered in Hong Kong, before being shipped over a coupe of years later with him back to NZ.

Other factory extras include leather interior, sunroof and Bilstein suspension (actually I’m not sure whether they come with the M-Technik package). The BBS RS wheels are not factory items, but were ordered by the dealership on behalf of the owner.

It is an automatic but I actually don't mind it too much. I can feel the auto box can't fully deliver the engine's full power, but the E30 has been my weekend cruiser only and I can hop into the MX5 for my manual driving. Manual conversion is definitely something I have considered, but I have not seriously looked into it, and I'm also not sure whether the benefits will outweigh the costs (always a subjective debate).

I was hoping someone could shed some light on BMWs from Hong Kong- back in the early 90s where do they source their cars from? I suspect they would be shipped from the UK but I am not entirely sure. The speedo and odometer on my car reads miles.

Great looking car with a nice history.

Welcome.

Wow, that's really clean. I don't normally like the more-doors but this one looks the bidness!

Thanks! When I first got it the car was in quite a sorry state, being exposed to the elements for two decades. It recently had a full restoration and brought back to its former glory

Prior to the restoration the paint had faded, damages to the body and surface rust

Posted Image

makes me miss my first E30, looks very similar :(

Very nice! A shadowline will go down well.

I plan to black plasti-dip all the chrome on the car once I have the time. I saw some plasti-dip videos on youtube and have been keen to try it since; the results look amazing and almost too good to be true

Also have some smoke vinyl tints for the lights sitting around at home. Will be interesting to see how the car will turn out with a blacked out look (if only I have a spare weekend..)

Looks great! Are those 15 or 16 inch wheels?

Thanks mate. They are 16s, the E30 and BBS RS is a hard combo to beat!