Sign in to follow this  
MilesP

Respray panel cost

Looking at an E46 to buy but I want to gauge how much it will cost me to get it to near perfect condition.

In order to do this I would need to respray the bonnet and the roof. Any ideas of a rough cost to do these two panels?

Located in Christchurch

Depends on a lot of things... I would suggest you talk to a car painter.

Some painters will want to paint the panels next to the ones in question as well depending on the colour, so you could be looking at damn near half the car.

You get what you pay for, I'd say $1000 I'f you want it done properly with blending panels etc.

You get what you pay for, I'd say $1000 I'f you want it done properly with blending panels etc.

Well said!

There are lots of half ass shops that will do it for almost what just the paint will cost.

Obviously wont be a very good job.

Sorry i cant any places in chch.

Up here in wellington i priced up getting the front bumper of my old Hellrot E36 repainted. Excluding removing/refitting, or blending to other panels, i was looking at a touch over $300.

For large panels like that you would want to blend them (especially the bonnet), and paint costs will depend on the colour.

Go to Andrew and Gilmore Panel and paint. They are really good and ask for Roy or Alex they will help you out.