Sign in to follow this  
WANTED325iM

Help Needed Please

Hey guys, I'm just about ready to smash my car up. I can't find any information about the rotors.

The car is a 1991 E30 M325is South African Import.

It is 5-stud which makes it difficult. Every listing i've looked at says 4 stud. Even BMW themselves come up with a 4stud part # when i gave them my chassis number.

My chassis number is OAF45385

I'm hoping they are the same as a 5 series or something so I can get them cheap from work (repco).

I think i'm gunna sell the car after this, its pissing me off.

Can anyone help?

measurements? other discs that are interchangeable?

Cheer

Andrew

Andrew, they use the E30 M3 rotors. Probably cost a pretty bit tho.

I may be fiirst in line if you want to sell..... :D

Try this link for the rotors.

Rotors

Edited by topless

Hi Andrew,get in touch with N.Z.Brakeco (auckland) Repco supplier code-686559)

I`m sure they will sort out your rotor problem.

Is Gary Cole still b/manager Repco Dunedin?

Cheers Ewald.

Edited by 37 South

Yeah man gary cole is still there....he's a pretty good boss.

andrew-

It is hard if there are no M3 rotors in the country and you live in a student flat wwith no where to take them off.

topless- Are you possitive about being M3 rotors cus BMW NZ siad if they get them from germany i have to buy them no matter what!

I have contacted my mate in SA to confirm this. We didn't have the E30 M3 in SA but were told at the time of the launch of the 325iS that it used the M3 rotors/brakes. My mate used to own one, (which was turboed- was a bloody awsome car to drive..) so he is probably the best person I know to confirm it. I will let you know as soon as he gets back to me. Probably be cheaper to import them from SA than from Germany, or even from USA...

You're cursing because you have 5 stud and I'm cursing because I have 4, what a world.

The M3 with 16 inch alloys had 284mm vented front brakes and 250mmsolid rears, according to TotalBMW. Can't find the 15 measurement at the moment.

Could try DBA or similar and have them drilled to your pattern???

Other side of town, Westmere. I'm supposed to be catching up with friends all day from out of town, but have your mobile no. If it looks like I can get away, I will. Have to admit there may be a small 'er indoors problem if I try this though. . . .

Found the 15 inch brake size, same as the other, 284mm vented, but says 250mm vented for rear (E30 M3). Either way, size is the same so measure up. Info came from BMW car club in England, they have a M Power section.

www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk

Probably worth checking E34/24/32/36 sizes as well, as some at least are probably common.

No prob, and as Topless said, if you do want to sell. . . . . .

they use std e28 5 series brakes

Brent - how sure are you cus the other guys are saying they use e30 m3 brakes?

im pretty sure same thing, knw my pads are the same as E30 M3.

Arrgh! Dude, I was just saying that was the size of the M3 brakes, if yours are the same., then it's logical to assume they are the same. If the E28s are the same size, I wouldn't mind betting that if you go in to BM and ask for discs for an E28, they'll be cheaper than if you walked in and asked for brakes for an E30 M3. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

here are some numbers and sizes

34111163135 e 28 528 284x22

34111163147 e 28 535 282x 25

34112226813 e30 m3 280x25

front disks only......

on my american etk i cant seem to find any specs ie pcd stud pattern etc

Yes, E30 M3's use E28 front calipers, but the discs in question are E30 M3 only.

I've lost track of whether or not these are the right brakes, but if you look at that list of parts ( a year old admittedly) on the BMWCC site at Coombes Johnston, they have a set of front vented brakes for an E28 for about $62 each. Worth a crack?

Sorry its taken so long but here goes.... these are part numbers from BMW SA for the rotors and brake pads for the 325iS. Have been unable to determine if these numbers are common with other BMW models.

Front Disc's OE part no. - 34112226813 (BMW) +-R800 each +VAT (vented)

Rear disc's OE part no. - 34212225507 (BMW) +-R500 each +VAT (solid)

Front Disc Pads OE part no. - 34111161717 (BMW)... (I don't believe the price given so I won't list it...)

Rear Disc pads OE part no. - 34211157334 (BMW) (no price given)

These are aftermarket parts and are considerably cheaper but will only be available ex SA...

" Disc Pads" ..aftermarket...

Ferobrake part no. FDB415+- R265.00+VAT

Alternate front part no. due to caliper change at the same time.

Front Disc pads - FDB256 +-R320.00 + vat

Rear Disc pads - FDB296 +- R240.00 + vat

ATE Pirate Disc's... aftermarket...

Front +-R325.00 each + vat

Rear +- R365.00 each + vat

The prices he got are in Rands and the exchange rate currently is approx R4.50/NZ$1.00. We got these for comparison with NZ prices so you can see if you are been ripped off??? VAT in SA I think is about 12.5% currently...

cheers

William

edit... in SA rotors are referred to as discs...

Edited by topless

Sorry its taken so long but here goes.... these are part numbers from BMW SA for the rotors and brake pads for the 325iS. Have been unable to determine if these numbers are common with other BMW models.

Front Disc's OE part no. - 34112226813 (BMW) +-R800 each +VAT (vented)

thats the part number for the E30 M3 front disc posted above..whats the BMW NZ price again????

I just flicked an email to BMW south africa, about getting some.

Hope you have better luck than me, I got zip reponse from them in my attempts to get these numbers and had to rely on old friends...

I used to use the ATE aftermarket rotors in all my cars over there and they are good quality, much cheaper than originals. If you have problems with getting BMW to supply, I could try my mates to see if Ferobrake would send over here..??? :unsure: