washed it 3 times lol

post-17370-1368527292.jpg

post-17370-1368527350.jpg

post-17370-1368527335.jpg

this came out

post-17370-1368527384.jpg

of here

post-17370-1368527410.jpg

the 540 is in so much better condition than the touring was, I'm now leaning towards keeping the 540 and selling the touring, however it does have some down sides, windscreen seal is shot, cracked and braking off and there is a $2 sized chip on the bonnet next to the BMW badge

Edited by Mr2low

Nice Jamie - looks like there were a few quirky moments along on the way! Was the frog alive & well? Haha

Got much planed for the 540i?

mainly just get it running at first, make sure everything works fix/replace anything that it needs for its re rego test. Get her legal

clear indicator swap all round

remove the 540I badge

probably replace the 16's would love a staggered set of style 37's or i may just swap the tourings wheels onto this B) free upgrade lol

wanting to keep this a clean and simple sleeper

Edited by Mr2low

Ohh of course, I remember now you got this 540i and the Touring 523i that had been left outside & neglected for a while.

Will be nice to see this up running again like the touring - have you had any luck starting the V8 up?

Ohh of course, I remember now you got this 540i and the Touring 523i that had been left outside & neglected for a while.

Will be nice to see this up running again like the touring - have you had any luck starting the V8 up?

not yet had to work today so couldnt, roll on tuesday

VIN WBADN62000GF10987

Type code DN62

Type 540I (EUR)

E series E39 ()

Series 5

Type LIM

Steering RL

Doors 4

Engine M62/TU

Displacement 4.40

Power 210

Drive HECK

Transmission AUT

Colour OXFORDGRUEN METALLIC (324) this is the odd thing green engine bay like the touring but unless my eyes are stuffed its not green

Upholstery STANDARDLEDER / SCHWARZ (N6SW)

Prod.date 10/06/1999

Options

Code

Description (interface)

Description (EPC)

S204A Shorter final drive ratio

S216A STEERING-SERVOTRONIC

S223A Electronic Damper Control (EDC)

S261A Side airbags for rear passengers

S354A Green windscreen, green shade band

S401A Lift-up-and-slide-back sunroof, electric

S415A Sun-blind, rear

S423A Floor mats, velours

S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit

S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip

S441A Smoker package

S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory

S494A Seat heating driver / passenger

S500A Headlight wipe / wash / Intensive cleaning

S548A Kilometer-calibrated speedometer

S602A On-board monitor with TV

S676A HiFi speaker system

S694A Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer

L807A NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN

S818A Battery master switch

S823A Hot-climate version

S845A Acoustic belt warning

S875A Infrared remote control

S925A Transport protection package

S210A Dynamic stability control

S280A BMW LA wheel-spoke 176

S438A Fine wood trim

S473A Armrest front

S520A Fog lights

S534A Automatic air conditioning

S540A Cruise control

S555A On-board computer V with remote control

S853A Language version English

everything else checks out except the 176's now has style 29's

Edited by Mr2low

got battery charged up today not enough to start but enough to check what did and didnt work.

Well everything works except the rear sunshade it starts to go up but gets stuck tv even picks up prime, couldn't figure out how to change it to the cd changer couldnt play too much got told off ;)

ahh and its done 161k

Edited by Mr2low

First aid kit is mint too I get a little excited about silly things like that

got bored when i finished work last night, even though it was dark still managed to have a play.

before

post-17370-1369038009.jpg

after

post-17370-1369037819.jpg

couldnt see the full effect till this morning. Really liked the look of it before, now i love it the back looks like a different car, just need to lower and clear indicators and shes done

Edited by Mr2low

just a little update she now has matching wheels lol, full shadowline, new fuel filter, polished head lights, new front and rear windscreen trims and lowering springs that are waiting to go in. f**k you bmw, really who the hell said lets make it so you have too dismantle most of the rear to get to the shocks/springs, anywho fuel pump is dead just like the wagons was yay lol on the hunt for a second hand one only need it to get it running. AND BIG NEWS TODAY probate has been given so Legally I own a 99 540 and a 99 523i wagon.

Edited by Mr2low

Hi Jamie

While you have the rear parcel tray out to get at the rear shocks haha and want to have a look at the slide bushes on the rear sun curtain arms. As I had the same happen on mine and found they are plastic and wear so as the arms applied pressure they twisted slightly in the track and jam but with a tap on the arm the curtain would go up. If that is the problem I make some new one's out of aluminum window extrusion and used small nuts and bolts instead of the rivets along with some grease to help lub them. But be careful not to twist or apply pressure to the upper curtain rail or arms as you remove it the guide bushed snap real easy as I found out. They are bloody expensive as one has to replace the whole thing no spare parts are listed.

Hi Jamie

While you have the rear parcel tray out to get at the rear shocks haha and want to have a look at the slide bushes on the rear sun curtain arms. As I had the same happen on mine and found they are plastic and wear so as the arms applied pressure they twisted slightly in the track and jam but with a tap on the arm the curtain would go up. If that is the problem I make some new one's out of aluminum window extrusion and used small nuts and bolts instead of the rivets along with some grease to help lub them. But be careful not to twist or apply pressure to the upper curtain rail or arms as you remove it the guide bushed snap real easy as I found out. They are bloody expensive as one has to replace the whole thing no spare parts are listed.

cheers for that bit of info while in there i have to re dye or recover the parcel tray too as its purple id actually forgotten that the rear blind wasn't working

Hi Jamie - good project ya got going there. Who do you get parts through?? You had any joy with Jeff Gray in Palmy......?? Cheers.

Hi Jamie - good project ya got going there. Who do you get parts through?? You had any joy with Jeff Gray in Palmy......?? Cheers.

cheers two of them at the moment about to become three, have emailed them a few times but just too expensive all my parts so far have come from here http://www.schmiedmann.com/5_series/E39.htm

its all about keeping the weight down but ordering enough to make it worth while, gonna pull the tourings fuel pump out as that's band new and try it in this just to make sure its not something else. Been a bit lazy with the updates but when you've been waiting since october its hard to keep focus on it that plus the one day off a fortnight hasn't helped much

Edited by Mr2low

Well bar a final clean she's all ready to go for re licensing, would have gone already but they couldn't fit it in .

New springs, rotors, pads, battery, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, oil , oil filter, re coloured leather, wood replaced with brushed steel vinyl, shadowlined and removed the 540i badge probably a few other things I've forgotten post-17370-0-21947900-1387855021_thumb.j

Looks a little odd in the front because tires need pumping up still have newly polished headlights to fit but that will wait until the last moment lol keep them looking pretty, you may notice the real project car sitting next to it looking sad

Edited by Mr2low

Nice - looking gooood!! Bummer ya couldn't get it through before Xmas, but at least she'll be all good to go when ya can get it in.......whats the plan now, gonna keep it or flick..........??

I Don't know lol I wana drive the sh*t out of it though, wonder if someone would want the touring as is ?