Sign in to follow this  
smint400

BMW bodykit

Hey guys, new to the forum, I am currently looking for places in New Zealand that sells BMW bodykits for either a 1 series f20 or a 3 series e92. Looked through heaps of websites, the ones I found are in America.... item itself only USD$795 but shipping is a horrendous USD$595.... so that's not happening... any advice??

Edited by KLW

I doubt you would find anything here in NZ, could import a Motorsport kit from Germany ex BMW etc.. but shipping will be expensive, bumpers are massive items to ship.

Leaving it stock might always be an idea? Spend the $1000-2000 you'll end up spending on a Stereo or something you'd get more use out of.

how do i attach photos? an error message keeps popping up saying "upload failed. please ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions" the picture was under 2mb

Check the dimension of the photo. I had trouble with large pictures sometimes.

Thanks bro! that worked! So yea, back to the story, this is the custom made front bumper i saw in a European forum! I have seen someone in America that makes this but to import that would cost approximately $1600 before paint and fitting. Worth it??

post-20862-1369338012.jpg

Edited by KLW

Thanks bro! that worked! So yea, back to the story, this is the custom made front bumper i saw in a European forum! I have seen someone in America that makes this but to import that would cost approximately $1600 before paint and fitting. Worth it??

It looks pretty good. What bumper do you have currently? I guess I'd be asking myself whether it's $2K+ worth of better looking?

I've been in the same boat as you with previous cars and believe it or not (from my experience) $1600 for a custom bumper shipped from the states ain't that bad, but ONLY if it is definately going to bolt straight on (or if modification is very minimal) AND is made of plastic (or whatever it's called) and not entirely of some other cheap material.

That kit looks pretty fresh n clean. I would perhaps try to get all the parts in one go to save on shipping. You could always look into a door to door sea freight service as well. I was quoted around $700 USD to send our house stuff (which I am guessing is roughtly the same volumetric weight to two bumpers and side skirts) from the US to here, but it just takes AGES.

thanks for that! yea I have been looking into other methods, got in contact with a company in Hamilton, they said if I can get the bumper itself then they can make it fit... No idea how much a 1m bumper cost, will try finding out at BMW.

No idea how much a 1m bumper cost, will try finding out at BMW.

about US$400, plus shitloads of work to fit it.

where can i get one for US$400 in nz? just asked BMW new market today... $1178 and will approximately cost $400 to mould and fit from the guy in Hami... apparently paint will cost around $600.... :o

sounds like a typo that is $3600 too short knowing BMWs prices

where can i get one for US$400 in nz?

No, that was in the US :-) Just the plastic cover.

I think it looks cool. If you have the spare cash, go for it

yea I agree but unfortunately no spare cash lately!! :lol: