Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Petrol Boycott

How many emails have you guys received so far?

I've had one trying to bouycott all the comapnies but on different days of the week, i've had one saying bouycott just BP cause they're the evilist of the lot, and i've had another saying we should all bouycott buying petrol on the 5th Sept.

Which one, if any, should we endorse???

f**k, what a load of sh*t.

Some people have too much time on their hands, and love to invent conspiracy theories.

We should reply to everyone that sends one of these waste of time emails and tell them to f**k off.

Cheers

Grant

¿Why don't you tell us how you really feel Grant?

If there was a really concerted effort I would join in to the cause but you just know that these things never work because everyone has their allegiances but it would be cool if everyone did bouycott BP for a week.

¿Why don't you tell us how you really feel Grant?

If there was a really concerted effort I would join in to the cause but you just know that these things never work because everyone has their allegiances but it would be cool if everyone did bouycott BP for a week.

Of course it will never work, mainly because it is a stupid half baked idea to start with.

This was tried by a small number of morons a few years ago.

What a joke, there are a number of factors leading to the current prices of petrol, very few of them are due to the oil companies, who after all are in business to make money, and therefore the economic principals of supply and demand come into effect. Oil is a commodity, like any other consumer good.

The oil companies didn't start the current middle east/ Iraq issue (cock up) etc, nor did they cause the increased demand in China and India, nor did they cause Hurricane Katrina. All of which are the major contributors to the current price of oil.

Basically if you can't afford to fill up with petrol, then dust off your ten speed, or start walking.

After all, the world has faced a number of these 'oil shocks' before, and will do so from time to time again, people should just get over it, and manage the situation as best as possible.

Cheers

Grant

not gonna happen, harden up and pay or get a bike...

all you barge drivers will be feeling the pinch now HAHA!!

time to get something better huh?...

*love my hondas :D*

THe reality hit me yesterday.

No more company fuel card (but i get millage so i get payed back @0.28 per km - so i make a lil bit), but i have to pay for gas first.

$50 of 98 only filled up half a tank!

98 is definately better than 96 tho.

What about getting 91, and octane booster, would that be cheaper/sweet?

Edited by m325i

No more company fuel card (but i get millage so i get payed back @0.28 per km - so i make a lil bit), but i have to pay for gas first.

sh*t that's harsh, you are supposed to be reimbursed milage at the IRD approved rate which is $0.62 per km.

I claim that rate for work use, was bloody good for my recent work that had me travelling to Cambridge/ Te Awamutu at least once a week for 4 months.

Edited by Grant

sh*t that's harsh, you are supposed to be reimbursed milage at the IRD approved rate which is $0.62 per km.

I claim that rate for work use, was bloody good for my recent work that had me travelling to Cambridge/ Te Awamutu at least once a week for 4 months.

0.62 is the rate up to 3000km, then it drops to 0.19.

0.28 is the flat rate. That means i get over $100 for every tank i use, so i make money. (its meant to cover maint. also)

I do large kms, so flat rate is prefered.

0.62 is the rate up to 3000km, then it drops to 0.19.

0.28 is the flat rate. That means i get over $100 for every tank i use, so i make money. (its meant to cover maint. also)

I do large kms, so flat rate is prefered.

Cool, fair enough and good point.

I engineered my KM's to be under 3000 for a couple of months, and then bumped up the next months expense claim to compensate.

Hey because petrol is a nessesity boycotting petrol stations will have little or no effect cos we will all get petrol the next day we have no real choice ........ stupid idea but if petrol was a luxury good then it may have an effect thats my bit

not gonna happen, harden up and pay or get a bike...

all you barge drivers will be feeling the pinch now HAHA!!

time to get something better huh?...

*love my hondas :D*

sh*t yeah....now i have a job, bike is gonna be near the top of my hit list

speed in straight lines is so badass

Our firm pays $0.65/km plus $5 a day up to 3000, then obviously fringebenefit tax kicks in.

The high fuel prices is why I negotiated a company car last pay review (in May) into my remuneration package.

I travel 60km's a day just to get to work and back - now the bimmer gets to sit comfortably locked in the garage all week and I take her out on weekends.

At $1.61 for 96 and about 11km per litre, I would normally spend over $50 a week on fuel just to get to work!!

I'm not going to say what I get paid, but lets just say $50 a week is a percentage worth counting.

Boycotting the Servos though?? Piffle! If you don't fill up today, you'll fill up tomorrow instead. The only way to hit them is to reduce your usage overall - and for everyone to do this. And until the price is high enough - for the most of us - that won't happen.

We get free buses to work - might start taking it, although being on a bus with the common people is so below me.. :lol:

You remind me of a mate. i suggested leaving the car at the hotel when we were in auckland for a concert and taking a bus to the concert.

His reply - "What? and travel with the great unwashed!"

Shocked the hell out of me, but I folded and we took a cab instead - corporate cabs at his insistence - bloody hell!

I travel 60km's a day just to get to work and back - now the bimmer gets to sit comfortably locked in the garage all week and I take her out on weekends.

If i was going to have a weekend car, it would far more impracticle than a bmw. Also it would drive me mad (no pun intended), to have my ride sitting there, not being used all week, while youd be rocking something boring everyday.

If i had a weekend car it probably wouldnt have pistons.

This information is a little bit old but.......

The reason for price fixing is fairly obvious.....

Where does the gas you put in you car come from.

Generally there are 2 locations.....Marsden Point from a Facility owned by all the oil companies....or from BP's refinery in Western Australia. Some of the gas is now coming off the spot market from Singapore, as Aussies reserve are al ittle tight at the mo...

So go ahead boycott your local gas station....at the end of the day it really doesnt matter its the same ship that delivers the gas into your local port....you might deprive the gas station of a very little retail profit....but that aint where the money is anyway.

If selling gas was so profitable...why do you think that the Service Stations have branched into every other adventure under the sun. A gas station selling only petrol and nothing else, isnt worth running. Thats why when the market deregulated a few years back, all the little gas stations disappeared.

A gas stations profit is in the point of sale items, like sweets,drinks,cafes, and the workshop, and any oil they can sell you.

There are two ships in NZ that deliver fuel to ports.

Both are owned by Silver Fern Shipping - the Taiko, and the Kakariki.

My brother is the 3rd mate on the Taiko - they hold something in the order of 30-50 thousand tonnes of fuel when full.

They travel the length of NZ approximately weekly or more often carting fuel from Marsedn Point to all major NZ ports.

Man, I need him to drop a bit off at my place - just a couple of tonnes every six- twelve months would do - nothing in percentage tersm!!! I'm sure they could "lose" that much...

bumpstop knows the cook on the Kakariki I think... You get any cheap fuel tim? lol

classic... someone sent one of those boycott messages to our junk distribution list (so most of firm got the message). Of course people forwarded onto external people. Idiots forgot to realise that we represent most of the oil firms and our emails have our branding on them. Morons.

How many emails have you guys received so far?

I've had one trying to bouycott all the comapnies but on different days of the week, i've had one saying bouycott just BP cause they're the evilist of the lot, and i've had another saying we should all bouycott buying petrol on the 5th Sept.

Which one, if any, should we endorse???

I've had one for the 5th of September.

You guys have got nothing to lose, so why not give it a try?

Did u know that i just filled up my tank today, so i won't be filling up tomorrow anyway ... Have you thought about how many people will actually be filling up tomorrow normally? i would say probably less than 1/4 of the cars on the road, if even that. $100.35 for that tank, with 1L petrol left in reserve, hahaha ...

Everyone get over it. The price of gas it expensive and will kepp on going up. Thats the way it is so get used to it.

If you wana have a moan moan to the govt and not the oil companys, their profit margins only 3-5 cents at the most the rest govt tax.

It's simple, dont buy gas, take the bus or buy a motor bike.