Sign in to follow this  
m325i

How often do you redline your car

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

multiple times per day..helps explain why the inside of my engine is spotless

Varies, at least a few times a week, depends on my mood.

I just pulled out my plugs after 30k kms and they were clean

I had to vote once a month, because that's about as often as I drive it.

So it gets a red line once it's warm most times I drive it.

i live life one redline at a time...

hahah

liking the 19k redline more and more thou.. nothing quite like it

Never it stops producing power somewhere before valve bounce and I have no rev limiter... if it pops I'm screwed can't afford to rebuild at the moment and other toys need some attention.

cheers Matt

Most times I drive it, but only once it's hot - and it's not me redlining it - it does it itself - its an auto - I don't decide when to change gears, it does.

it normally changes just below red under hard acceration - once on a mates airstrip really caning it, it went slightly into the red between third and fourth at something around the 150km/h mark (wasn't paying that much attention to speedo)

If i don't rev the M42 to redline it sounds like a dirty diesel. The valve train is bloody noisy. Calms down a lot after a bit of driving. The light oil i'm running actually DOESN'T help it either.

i very seldom rev to redline,but at least once a week its gets a real workout heading south from the ngauraunga exit of the m/way onto the old hutt road,besides unless it sfirst or second it,d be speeding. ;)

I hate redlining in first ...ouch my sister took my car for a drive and she floored it in first and it went straight to the rev limiter,she said it didnt feel very fast in first..... :unsure:

Most times I drive it, but only once it's hot - and it's not me redlining it - it does it itself - its an auto - I don't decide when to change gears, it does.

it normally changes just below red under hard acceration - once on a mates airstrip really caning it, it went slightly into the red between third and fourth at something around the 150km/h mark (wasn't paying that much attention to speedo)

holla, i have the same problem.

the big six is awesome for bounce.

i just floor it till the auto changes gear yes it is addictive! but i never valve bounce it sounds unhealthy in the 320i, if i had a 325i............ :ph34r: