Sign in to follow this  
topless

M325i

Just want to get the feelings out there, after the way some folk waded into Busted regarding his M325i and the authenticity of it. I recently bought a GENUINE M325i (ex pommieland car so is on their register there) but the floorboards, sills and a few other places were rusted beyond what I considered repairable, so I wrecked it and took all the bits off it.

I intend to put all the bits, and I mean everything, into a 2door 318 I have. I was going to gut the 318 to a bare metal shell, respray the diamantschwartz the original M325i was and transfer the entire wiring, mecanicals, trim etc into the 318 body. The only difference at the end of the day would be that it wouldn't have a sunroof and black headlining.

Would it be a waste of time on my part? I probably won't keep it so would want to advertise it as a built up M325i and would want reasonable money for it, seeing that the respray would cost $2000-$3000 alone, apart from what I paid for the wreck.

Or should i just sell off the bits? Like the full MTECH kit, LSD etc..??

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

This is the car I wrecked....

if you dont do it ill buy the diff...

but thats not what you asked, it still wouldnt be a M325i so you couldnt advertise it as one. but it would have a lot of nice options so that would count for something.

the problem with spending $2000 - $3000 on a paintjob for an old car is that you probably wont get your money back if you sell it.

but you never know you might find someone that will pay the $$$ for it

Edited by 325GRANT

Just out of interest, I'm looking at a similar thing with a 325i Motorsport, UK import that is riddled with rust, what did you pay? How many Miles did it have?

why not advertise it as a m325i replica? the headliner can be swapped, or the one in the 318 sprayed to be black.....its virtually the same...as long as people know it doesnt have the masty ability of "genuine" m325i

Just swap all the ID tags & call it a M325.

Who gives a s$*t where the shell comes from.

from the previuos posts on similar subjects i would say that's exactly the sort of thing that people do give a sh*t about... :ph34r:

why not advertise it as a m325i replica? the headliner can be swapped, or the one in the 318 sprayed to be black.....its virtually the same...as long as people know it doesnt have the masty ability of "genuine" m325i

This is what I'm leaning towards. Painting the headliner will be easy as I will gut the car, including headliner when I respray it. The only thing 318 will be the shell as all the bolt off body bits are in good condition.

from the previuos posts on similar subjects i would say that's exactly the sort of thing that people do give a sh*t about...  :ph34r:

this is what worries me, so will have to be up front about what has been done.

Oh man i'm loving the 325iX ride height on that beastie

leave my monster truck beemer alone.... :lol:

actually, those are 14" cross spokes on it, if i put the 15" cross spokes on it, it looks normal. It definitely has motorsport springs in it, they are much shorter than stock..

Guest Andrew

exactly

sport bits 325 in my eyes.