Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

Help me find an E30!

Is this anyones from here? Or does anyone know anything about this car? I'm considering buying it but the carjam odometer readings are a little odd. Should I be worried about it? As it's had an M20B25 engine implate that's done around 111,000.

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=FZU98

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-601135467.htm

Edited by Kaz

I've seen this on sold a few times, was here in Christchurch a while back. Last owner didn't even know it had a b25 in it so I wouldn't be certain on the milage. It looks like its been tinkered with a fair bit so maybe previous owners have just replaced clusters with no care for the odo reading?

All I know is it does have a nice stance in person and the paint looks pretty mint (didn't get a close look though)

I defiantly wouldnt pay more than about 4.5k though

Edited by _Matt_

I've seen this on sold a few times, was here in Christchurch a while back. Last owner didn't even know it had a b25 in it so I wouldn't be certain on the milage. It looks like its been tinkered with a fair bit so maybe previous owners have just replaced clusters with no care for the odo reading?

All I know is it does have a nice stance in person and the paint looks pretty mint (didn't get a close look though)

Thanks for that. The guy seems nice enough but he didn't know about the km's either. He has over 15k worth of receipts (not sure if it's from him or previous owners) and ride height has all been certed.

There's something seriously offputting about an ad that features his backwards baseball cap wearing mates.

Plus all the 'drift' parts suggests rather strongly that it's been thrashed pretty heavily.

Hmmm

This is the original ED1RTY owned by chris (GEEP), followed by Ashkan then Josh??

Ashkans ownership

plenty of info on it on BS

Perfect, thanks for that Blair. Cage was obviously removed at some stage?

Hmmm I wonder if any of them would know about the KM's? The last couple changes were in 2007 and 2009.

Edited by Kaz

There's something seriously offputting about an ad that features his backwards baseball cap wearing mates.

Plus all the 'drift' parts suggests rather strongly that it's been thrashed pretty heavily.

Hmmm

My thoughts exactly^

You should do one up yourself, it may cost more but at least you know exactly whats going on with it. And its more fun.

Dug up a couple more old threads. Still very unsure about this car. I really like it, but seems like something's not quite right, especially considering CarJam is saying it's had over 750,000km's worth of odometer decreases.

Dug up a couple more old threads. Still very unsure about this car. I really like it, but seems like something's not quite right, especially considering CarJam is saying it's had over 750,000km's worth of odometer decreases.

Gut feelings count for a lot mate. If something doesn't seem right, it nearly always isn't

Hmm just found this, it's almost tempting. Seems very cheap considering it's got an M30b35 in it? Although I would prefer a m20b25 ot m50b25.

http://www.wheedle.co.nz/Home/GetItemDetai...nDIVg%253d%253d

Edited by Kaz

Looks a bit more promising

No mention of cert? Lot of scope for engine development too. Pretty sure gtstarped still has a G260 conversion kit available for bugger all $.

Do it! :)

Some one on here did this, have you also seen the red e30 m50/5 stud swap on there?

I haven't seen that one, but someone else form here just messaged me saying he's selling a pre-facelift coupe with a 535 engine in it which I would be pretty interested in. Only thing about that one from wheedle is it seems way too cheap?

Going to see the original car from this thread tomorrow so I'll see how that goes. Also going to see this one (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=600578288). Could be quite nice with a bit of tidying up.

Edited by Kaz

I personally know that 335i pfl is a good/fast car haha and the 335i sedan was sold stupidly cheep to begin with and has no cert.

Some one on here did this, have you also seen the red e30 m50/5 stud swap on there?

Can you link me to this please? I was gutted I didn't pick it up when it sold on TM a couple of months ago

What are you looking to spend on an E30 Kaz?

you should see his earlier thread. Oli and I got a bit carried away on it. was trying to tell us it had the italian 320iS 2L S14 in in it from the factory

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hustlelive/...75799175836568/

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Just buy the 325i for sale at hellbm I saw it when I was there the other day it's mint call ray

What are you looking to spend on an E30 Kaz?

Looking to spend around $6,000. Will go up to $7k for a nice one.

Looked at the "320I4" today and it's pretty nice but seems way too much work that needs to be done. The body work is pretty bad with a lot of poorly cut out rust spots and no headliner/pillars covers. Seemed to be leaking a little oil or something out near the closest spark plug to the driver.

Edited by Kaz