Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

ERMERGHERD! Coolest new market feature evaaaar!

Total ermergherd video!

Checkout the new to the market technology from Mercedes!

I thought my ride was soft and cushy, this must feel like floating on cloud 9!

will need to see how well it actually "works" but looks pretty good.. wonder if it will still be able to "scan" the road ahead well in the rain/snow?

has the S-Class broken 3 tonne with all this gear yet?

This would be quite impressive for a road car in factory production

But this technology has been displayed nearly a decade ago, Bose retrofitted a similar sort of system in the Lexus LS400 as some sort of showcase demo..

Ermergherd.

That's very cool, it reminds me of the way the top Citroen's absorb bumps (since the 50's) but in this case its measured with camera's instead of the mechanical hydropneumatic system.

The only problem with this tech is the calibration and how smart it actually is and how well it will work in a few years time, have read that a lot of the current systems are a bit stupid, laser guided cruise control and active braking etc, a few systems can be a nervous.

Would be keen to see independent reviews, I hear this new S-Class is going to raise the bar, they always do, seeing Mercedes have dropped the Maybach name this will be the new flagship.

Can see it now.

Bloke takes his new Merc' into dealers for its first major service, pops back in the afternoon to pick it up only to be told

"We are terribly sorry sir, we will need to keep the car here for a few days. Just as a matter of curiousity, have you been doing a lot of traveling?"

"Not really, in the last 6 months my wife and i have been to the beach house at Coromandel once or twice and we drove down to Queenstown for a bit of a ski with the lads in the office. Why do you ask?"

"Oh it's just a small matter sir, it seems the NZ roads have played havoc with the 'Magic body control' system. No reason for concern sir, we have a complete new system in the air from Germany as we speak and your car will be ready for you a week from Wednesday. Oh and sir, as a side note for the accounts dept', would you like the account for $62,000 sent to your residence or office?. Please excuse me asking sir, it's just that Mercedes-Benz will not be covering this issue as it seems the car has been driven.....ahhhh.........shall we just say........carelessly"

If they really want to test that system, send one to NZ for a year and let Joe Public drive it on our roads. Then again being Mercedes-Benz it'll be an option that isn't available in any country that doesn't have silky smooth roads.

Then again being Mercedes-Benz it'll be an option that isn't available in any country that doesn't have silky smooth roads.

That would defeat the purpose of the suspension some what wouldn't it?

The mechanical side of things should be reliable enough, well it should last the 120,000km this car is built to last for, its the electrical side that will be buggy over time.

Kiwi roads are no worse than those in most other countries and seeing they will only sell half a dozen a year here I doubt they will be testing them. Most will be sold out side of Europe, good chink will be sold in China and the majority of the rest will be sold in America, both countries have rather average roads like ours, I don't know why it is Kiwi's think our roads are bad, perhaps they should do a bit of traveling!

I don't know why it is Kiwi's think our roads are bad, perhaps they should do a bit of traveling!

Agreed, NZ roads are generally very good until you get into very low-populated rural areas. Better upkeep here than most European countries... It's just we don't have any glamour roads like the autobahns or French (tolled) motorways. As soon as you get off the toll motorways in France it's worse than driving around Great Barrier Island!

Looks expensive to fix.