Sign in to follow this  
MilesP

Mazda overheating issues

A while ago I owned a Mazda MX6. This was an incredibly fun car which was very reliable and would eat most cars on the road. It had a KLZE 2.5l V6 which pumps out 200BHP.

I am thinking about all possibilities of cars that I can jump into next and I am leaning towards either an E36 and do a manual conversion or go with some thing else a little cheaper and save for a nicer E36.

One issue with the car that the owner has stated is that it heats up (past normal operating temps) after long periods of driving. The owner says that he thinks the water pump needs to be replaced. Could it be this or some thing else?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-612998177.htm

Yeah it's probably an neglected system, bad pump, air in the lines, bad coolant with impurities or blockages, even the sensor could be stuffed.

To be fair, the figures are ok for such a car, but damn they are unsightly, would you want to be seen in one of those?! :unsure:

Stick to the E36!

Yeah it's probably an neglected system, bad pump, air in the lines, bad coolant with impurities or blockages, even the sensor could be stuffed.

To be fair, the figures are ok for such a car, but damn they are unsightly, would you want to be seen in one of those?! :unsure:

Stick to the E36!

Just took a few E36s for a drive at Turners though and in my price range god they were rough. Although this is turners.

It would take the right E36 for me to buy.

Confucius say if you spend $1000 on car you get $1000 car.

Never seen a car in that price bracket that isn't "rough".

All I can say is "Mad - az" :lol: :lol:

Confucius say if you spend $1000 on car you get $1000 car.

:lol: